• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    Anyone hunt Deer Creek FWA? Got selected to hunt there this coming weekend.

Walked around there on Wed and saw more rubs and trails than I have ever seen anywhere else. Didn't see any deer though.

Wondering how many hunters they allow each week and if anyone is actually seeing deer.

MRP2003

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Aug 16, 2011
    Greenwood
    Your a lucky man. I have no experience hunting there as I have never been successful in the draws. I have heard that it is a great place to hunt.
    Please update us on how your hunt goes.

Indybeer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Danville
    Only got to hunt 2 of the 4 days I was picked for. Saw plenty of tracks and beds in the snow...but no deer. Never saw another hunter or heard a shot on either day. I parked in a small lot on the west side of the property south of 40 both days. Only saw 1 car parked in the lot off 241 on the east side of property on Saturday. I think the deer have gone nocturnal and with no one hunting to push them out of their beds they are just not moving.

I guess no one wanted to hunt there this late in the season! Really wish I could hunt it again, but will have to wait till next year.

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Only got to hunt 2 of the 4 days I was picked for. Saw plenty of tracks and beds in the snow...but no deer. Never saw another hunter or heard a shot on either day. I parked in a small lot on the west side of the property south of 40 both days. Only saw 1 car parked in the lot off 241 on the east side of property on Saturday. I think the deer have gone nocturnal and with no one hunting to push them out of their beds they are just not moving.

I guess no one wanted to hunt there this late in the season! Really wish I could hunt it again, but will have to wait till next year.

I felt the same way with Lieber SRA. I took a week off of work to hunt. Saw 1 buck (and missed). After the first snow fall I went out to track them but wasn't able to go back out afterwards. But I know where to look for next season.

Needless to say, I'll be putting in for the draw at Deer Creek next year.

Top Bottom