• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • codydugger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    avon,in
    has any one ever hunted this area? Since I haven't found any private land to hunt this year, Im thinking of giving this place a try. If anyone has any info or tips for the area it would be greatly appreciated

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Were you drawn for it? It is drawing only, I was drawn the first year it opened and shot a 6point with my bow, but me and my buddies have never been drawn again.

codydugger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    avon,in
    i wasnt aware that it was a draw only hunt, the only thing it says on the dnr website is that you have to check in at the office before you go out. If that is the case, this season is going to suck.

codydugger

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    avon,in
    I finally got ahold of some one out there, it is now open to all bow hunters, but once firearms season starts it becomes a draw hunt only

tyrajam

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Fishers
    Wow, I had no idea it was open during bow season, I might have to go back out. I spent some time looking at google maps and found a nice looking inside corner of a cornfield next to some woods that was far from the roads. Walked in and setup on a heavy trail and had a buck come through that evening. That was the first year it was open though and there are probably less deer now, but that's what worked for me

draketungsten

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 30, 2012
    Hendricks Co.
    Well I'll be....

DNR: Deer Creek Fish & Wildlife Area

Hunting

• Deer, quail, rabbit, squirrel, dove, woodcock, waterfowl and wild turkey are available at Deer Creek Fish & Wildlife Area.
    • Deer hunting-2015/16 Season
      • Archery: Permitted daily by self-service check-in from Oct. 1-Nov. 13; Nov. 30-Dec. 4; and Dec. 21-Jan. 3. If a hunter is selected for a reserve draw hunt during firearms and muzzleloader, it is permissible to use archery equipment during their hunt.
      • Firearm: During firearm season all deer hunting opportunities will be permitted by pre-season draw only. Hunt dates during firearm season are: Nov. 14-15, 17-18, 24-25 and 28-29. To register for a reserve draw, go to dnr.IN.gov/fishwild/5834.htm. Applications will be accepted July 1 through Aug. 7, 2015. A successfully drawn hunter may bring one hunting partner.
      • Muzzleloader: During muzzleloader season all deer hunting opportunities will be by permitted by pre-season draw only. Hunt dates during muzzleloader are: Dec. 5-6, 8-9, 12-13, 15-16 and 19-20. To register for a reserve hunt, go to dnr.IN.gov/fishwild/5834.htm. Applications will be accepted July 1 through Aug. 7, 2015. A successfully drawn hunter may bring one hunting partner.
      • Bonus antlerless tags are not permitted and there will be no deer hunting during the special antlerless season

Top Bottom