• ...and so much more!
  • windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    Got this from a online friend:
    I need the help of anyone living near Madison. There is a move afoot to effectively ban the shooting of archery equipment in the city of Madison.I need help to spread the word on other sites as well as to hunters that you might know who live in Madison.

The proposed rules would make it nearly impossible to shoot in your yard, no matter the logistics, or hunt if there is another urban season.

Examples:

. No shooting within 150 feet of a property line.

.No 3-D targets.

. Required backstop; an 8 foot earthen bank, shoot inside a building that an arrow cannot pierce, or shoot in an "adequately" wooded or agricultural area.

. No shooting more than 90 feet from the target.

. Must shoot parallel to the target

. No hunting on any property unless ten or more acres.
    ( a threat to any future urban seasons )

Second reading and public hearing will be Nov. 9th.
    What we need to do is:

If you live in Madison, ( I don't) attend the meeting to voice POLITE and LOGICAL objections to this measure.

If you live near Madison, tell hunters you know that DO live in Madison.

If you are on other forums that might be read by hunters in this area, please re-post this info on those sites.

This all stems from a complaint by someone that 'didn't feel safe in her garden' because her neighbors were shooting bows and arrows. If there was a real safety issue, why could the police not have dealt with it?

The addition of the 10 acre hunting restriction makes me strongly suspect there is an animal rights agenda at work here.
    Many towns already have such restrictions; this does not mean another town needs it.

Please help spread the word.

Thanks,

Sasquatch
    **Please note the eye level shooting would stop treestand hunting during urban zone hunting. This would stop urban hunting in Madison. We all know it only takes one moron to stop many things, but we do not need urban hunting banned! -windingwinds

Top Bottom