• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    guys I can't speak for all of them in the least either , it was an example of the groups that are out there.

I can tell you some are state assoc. and others are national

I can give facts about the Indiana state trappers assoc. ,Inc
    as I'm a past president and past Vice president and trappers education Coordinator .
    they send a newsletter out to let membership know what activities are going on / coming up etc.
    They host a State Convention every year , a fur sale every year , several trappers education classes and even a kids camp or two every year as well as set on the Indiana Wildlife committee.
    They work with several other groups to monitor and stop ANTI HUNTING < TRAPPING AND FISHING legislation.
    They give 2 scholarships out each year to newly graduated students who will be attending school.
    they helped reintroduce the River Otter back into Indiana , with man power and funding.

They attend national leadership conference and are affiliated with the National Trappers Assoc. (that fight national and international ANTI crap)

I can't vouch for any of them but i can say , if your not helping than you should be in some way.

Here is a list of several different groups who help fund the purchase of public (use) land
    Goose Pond
    Goose Pond Partners & Supporters

Project Partners

Project Supporters

• Linton-Stockton Chamber of Commerce
    • Greene County Commissioners
    • Cinergy Corporation
    • Gator Group, Inc.
    • Royal River Orvis Flyshop
    • Yoder, Ainlay, Ulmer & Buckingham LLP
    • Wagner, Crawford, Gambill & Trout
    • Lockwood Marine, Ft. Wayne
    • Indiana Sportsmen's Roundtable
    • The Izaak Walton League of America
    • Indiana Wildlife Federation
    • Ducks Unlimited
    • Indiana Beaglers Alliance
    • Central Indiana Pheasants Forever
    • Furtakers of America
    • Sassafras Audubon Society

THIS IS JUST 1 SMALL EXAMPLE

Last edited:

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    Not sure which groups some of you are talking about but their contributions to such things could be unknown to many who think other wise.

believe what you will but be glad there and many who do to support these groups
    because in my opinion they are saving what you and I love so dearly and what I want to see my grand kids and theirs to continue to enjoy

ps sorry I should have started another thread

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Lonnie,

I am a deer and turkey hunter only...

It is the two clubs that have had the most influence on the deer rules making process and the bowhunter dominated "umbrella group".

I can only think of one or two things that we were on the same side of the fence on. IMO - They were basically for more restrictions to grow bigger bucks and I was, and still am, for more opportunity (as long as it does not negatively effect the resource) to grow hunting. Recruiting the youth and women are WAY more important to me that a few more inches of bone on a deer's head.

So, why should I join, donate time, money and provide them with another person to say that they "represent" when we are polar opposites?

Yes, another thread will work...

trapperDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Morristown, IN
    you said it, Willie!

I will not financially support a group that doesnt not closely mirror my ideals, nor will i support a group who stands against any other legal sportsmens group. That last one has been a major failing of our current groups and their leadership, IMO

Top Bottom