• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awittmer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Batesville
    I shot a doe the second week of deer season, tagged her in at the local butcher, and had them process her, and they called me and said that i left my paper deer license with them. Now normally, dont they take and keep your deer license? What gives?

Last edited:

Tygus

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2009
    Did you take the deer to a check in station before you took it to the processor? The check in station should have removed (or had you remove) the paper tag and inserted a metal tag between the achilles tendon and bone in the leg. The paper tag isn't needed if the check in station doesn't take it for there records.

awittmer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Batesville
    The processor also checks deer. I took my deer to them, handed them my Bonus Antlerless license as well as my transport tag, they put the metal tag on my deer, and called me the next day and told me i left my bonus antlerless tag at the processor (also the check station) and when i picked up my deer, they gave me my bonus antlerless tag back, aren't they supposed to keep the bonus anterless tag, that way i cannot use it again. I am not going to use the tag again, but that tag has a different license number than my normal archery license. Everyone i have talked to said that they normally keep their license, whether it is their residential archery or their bonus antlerless tag, im just confused as to why they gave it back, i know i could just throw it away, im just confused....:rolleyes:

Yeah

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 3, 2009
    Dillingham, AK
    If you mean the metal tag....some people like to keep them. The only thing the processor needs is the metal tag number noted down somewhere.

If you mean your paper license....I have no idea why they'd think you'd want it back as it doesn't have any deer left on it.

Mike H

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Vincennes
    The check stations used to keep the transpotration tag and give them to the C.O. after the season ended when he picket up the log book. They throw them away now.
    At least thats what my check station told me wnen I checked in a turkey Saturday.

clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Sounds like your talking about the actual doe tag you bought for 24.00 and not the temp transportation tag.

Once they validate your tag ID to what you wrote on the temp transportation tag and that it is legit they have never kept the tag. I guess they figure if anyone is stupid enough to try and bring in two deer using the same license id and log that into the books let them.

Besides I have 2 extra copies of mine should i lose it before i tag out.

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    Yep, they're suppose to keep the temp tag, write down all your information from your license, T.O.D, etc. and put a the metal tag on it. I actually keep my licenses from year to year which is getting to be quite a few.

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Your temp. paper tag goes to the check station, they will replace it with a permanent tag as stated above. Your LICENSE is what you printed off and signed. There is no reason the processor needs it. Maybe they looked at it during the check in process to make sure the numbers jived, but your LICENSE is yours to keep.

Top Bottom