• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Dan Coats has been annointed by the Republican National Committee to be our next Senator. At this point that is the most likely outcome. Only through committed, hard work will we the Hoosiers get to decide the political leaning of our next Senator rather than the Washington elite. We have a unique opportunity, but it is fleeting.

There are only two candidates in the race; Dan Coats and John Hostettler. Bates, Beheny and Stutzman are good people, but there is no chance any of the three will win the nomination. None. Zip. Zilch. Nada. None. If you cast your vote for any of the three you are voting for the guy you don't want to be elected.

I personally want John Hostettler to be nominated. John is a conservative with libertarian values, supports our 2A rights, and with the singular exception of the Patriot Act, has always been on the right (pun intended) side of the issues. When John lost his seat, he came home to his family and community in Indiana.

The same cannot be said for Mr. Coats. He voted for the AWB. He voted to raise taxes, and against lowering them. When Mr. Coats left office, he sold his home in Indiana, bought a retirement home in South Carolina, moved his family to Virginia and signed on as a K street lobbyist. I don't hate or dislike lobbyists. I'm all for the free market, and he should get what he can. But the fact is Coats abandoned Indiana.

So if you don't want to see Coats nominated and elected, here's what you must do.

1. If you support Bates, Beheny, or Stutzman, accept they can't win and get on board with Hostettler. A vote for any of the three is a vote against Hostettler and a vote for Coats.

2. If you are connected to any of the three candidates, tell them good job, but it's time to drop out and support the only conservative in the race that can defeat Coats.

3. If you have friends or neighbors with yard signs or that are talking up any of the three non-viable candidates, explain to them the reality of supporting the gang of three and how their vote and support is actually supporting and anti 2A tax and spend moderate RINO.

4. Explain the descrepancy between Coats record and rhetoric to your family, neighbors and friends. He says he's a strong pro 2A guy but his record is anything but.

5. VOTE in the primary!!!!!

Together we can send the right guy to serve as our next Senator.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I prefer Beheny but will vote for Stutzman. I donated to his campaign yesterday.
    Hostettler still has the stink of the big party machine.

jdhaines

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Toledo, OH
    I have to say that after reviewing things myself, I'm on the side of the OP. It's Hostettler or Coats. The time for voting your conscious is over.

Bobby

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Muncie/New Castle
    I prefer Beheny but will vote for Stutzman. I donated to his campaign yesterday.
    Hostettler still has the stink of the big party machine.

I would like you to think about a couple of things. If you still want to vote for Stutzman, then its entirely up to you. Ask yourself this, why would the National Republican Senatorial Committee begin trying to woo Mike Pence into the Senate race less than one week after John Hostettler announces his decision to run?

And now with the race down to Stutzman, Hostettler, and Coats, why is that same committee, tasked with recruiting candidates to run on the Republican ticket, only listing Stutzman and Coats on their website? See here: NRSC

Finally, DeMint is not only throwing his support to Stutzman but is trying to raise money nationwide through his PAC for Stutzman's campaign. What does DeMint expect Stutzman to give him in return for his support?

So, who are the true "outsiders" here? Its Bates, Behney, and Hostettler.
    I started out as a Behney supporter, looked at Stutzman for a while, and then went on to support Hostettler. One thing that I liked about Hostettler is how seriously he takes his oath to the US Constitution. He was not, is not, and will not be beholden to the Republican Party even though he has spent some time in D.C. His ONLY allegiance is to the US Constitution. This is why national Republicans would much rather have a conservative like Stutzman in Washington, D.C. Hostettler is known for doing exactly what he says he will do. He studies and memorizes the US Constitution, the Federalist Papers, and the other writings of the Founding Fathers in order to determine how he should stand on an issue.

When I was a Stutzman supporter, what I REALLY didn't like was how he would say a certain thing but the didn't always do what he was saying. I think Stutzman is good man and I would be proud to have him in Washington. BUT, Hostettler is much closer to Coats(according to the results of the "leaked" poll) and best represents me anyway.

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    I would like you to think about a couple of things. If you still want to vote for Stutzman, then its entirely up to you. Ask yourself this, why would the National Republican Senatorial Committee begin trying to woo Mike Pence into the Senate race less than one week after John Hostettler announces his decision to run?

And now with the race down to Stutzman, Hostettler, and Coats, why is that same committee, tasked with recruiting candidates to run on the Republican ticket, only listing Stutzman and Coats on their website? See here: NRSC

Finally, DeMint is not only throwing his support to Stutzman but is trying to raise money nationwide through his PAC for Stutzman's campaign. What does DeMint expect Stutzman to give him in return for his support?

So, who are the true "outsiders" here? Its Bates, Behney, and Hostettler.
    I started out as a Behney supporter, looked at Stutzman for a while, and then went on to support Hostettler. One thing that I liked about Hostettler is how seriously he takes his oath to the US Constitution. He was not, is not, and will not be beholden to the Republican Party even though he has spent some time in D.C. His ONLY allegiance is to the US Constitution. This is why national Republicans would much rather have a conservative like Stutzman in Washington, D.C. Hostettler is known for doing exactly what he says he will do. He studies and memorizes the US Constitution, the Federalist Papers, and the other writings of the Founding Fathers in order to determine how he should stand on an issue.

When I was a Stutzman supporter, what I REALLY didn't like was how he would say a certain thing but the didn't always do what he was saying. I think Stutzman is good man and I would be proud to have him in Washington. BUT, Hostettler is much closer to Coats(according to the results of the "leaked" poll) and best represents me anyway.

I will be satisfied with anyone but coats. If he wins the primary I will still be voting third party.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Pardon my ignorance, but you have to be a Republican to vote in the Republican primary correct?
    Not in Indiana. There is an expectation that, if you vote in the republican primary, you will vote for a majority of republicans in the general. It is not, to the best of my recollection, codified into law. Democrats may cross over and vote for republicans in the primary, just as republicans may cross over and vote for democrats.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I'm going to. What do you do if Dan Coats gets the nomination, though?

At that point you may as well vote for the Democrat, since you at least know what you are getting. I can't stand it when "progressive" Republicans win elections. They completely dilute the Conservative platform, and try to add bipartisan credence to Liberal legislation.

Indiana Feller

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2010
    I think you are building a straw man with all your position about not voting for Hostetler is voting for Coats.

Does id follow than that a vote for Hostetler is a vote for Elsworth since he already beat Hostetler once? Just advance it to November. I think this is a 3 way race, if Coats wins i will be depressed. I informed myself and that's how I am voting.

Top Bottom