• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    Your homeowner's insurance will defend and indemnify BI or PD arising out of an occurrence (accidental). Most policies will respond to the insured protecting his property or life. It will not however provide a defense for criminal charges.

No policy is going to cover liability arising out of intentional acts.

Very few have an exception for self defense. If you know of a carrier that has a self defense exception to the intentional acts exclusion please let us know what carrier would cover this.

You would be hard pressed to show that your shooting of a perp breaking into your car was accidental.

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    ...I've asked the local PD to do extra patrols, or any patrols in my area, but they continually tell me they do not have the manpower. So I'm taking maters into my "own hands" so to speak...

Ask them to set up a seat belt click it or ticket in front of your house. If they balk then remind them "If it will save just one child..." Tell them there's a lot of guys with jobs who have to drive past your house trying to get to work and home every day they can ambush and let them set up a speed trap hiding in your bushes. They could even have one of those gestapo style drunk checks where they stop every single person who drives down the street and ask for their papers while they sniff inside the car.

If all that fails let them stand in the middle of the street with the firemen blocking traffic and extorting contributions to allow the thugs through.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    So whatever happened to the guy who tried to jimmy your car door? You need to get "Uncle Louie" to pay him a little visit. I did that once to some guy stalking my daughter. Haven't heard from him since...

I ran him off again Monday or Tuesday night with a 9 iron. I assume it was one of the same guys any way. I think I know where they live. Their place never has any car windows broken out and their yard/house is all jacked up.

jason867

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    112   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    New Castle
    Get a night vision camera setup to catch them in the act.

Then the next time you catch them, on film, hold them for police to pick up. Use the film as backup for your actions and as evidence against him.

cburnworth

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2010
    I like the paintball route, backed up by a shottie.
    for about $300-400 you can get a dvr system with a nice night camera. you would even be able to watch the camera from your phone(iphone/windows) & catch them in the act.

Top Bottom