• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • long coat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jun 6, 2010
    Avon
    If you see someone breaking into your car, can you open fire with a paintball gun? You (it may be LEO only) can get paintball pepper spray. Even if you just shoot them with paintballs it will hurt and mark them for the LEOs.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    If you see someone breaking into your car, can you open fire with a paintball gun? You (it may be LEO only) can get paintball pepper spray. Even if you just shoot them with paintballs it will hurt and mark them for the LEOs.

If you shoot me with paintballs I'll beat you dead with my skateboard.

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    You may only defend yourself or another person with deadly force or the threat of deadly force if you feel that injury or death is imminent. In defense of your actions they will use the third person rule, which is, would another person feel that they were in danger if placed in the same situation.

You are not justified in threating or using deadly force to defend property.

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    You may only defend yourself or another person with deadly force or the threat of deadly force if you feel that injury or death is imminent. In defense of your actions they will use the third person rule, which is, would another person feel that they were in danger if placed in the same situation.

You are not justified in threating or using deadly force to defend property.

I wonder if a sever ass whooping would be in order? I'm starting to feel almost helpless. It's bull****. I chased them off again last night. It's not even a super nice car. It's all stock parts, stock radio and speakers. You can't even use the radio with any other car. I don't even leave my burnt CD's in the car.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    I'm NOT suggesting something like this might be creatively used.

Pepper Spray Booby Trap
    Your car or home catches fire. The fire department shows up and pops the doors to the car or home to put the fire out. The booby trap goes off. How long do you think you're going to jail for?

Keep in mind that the propellant in some OC/CS sprays are flammable. Congratulations. You just toasted a fireman.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    This is a tricky area. And as I Understand it you cannot use deadly force to defend property. Espeacially if the perp is unarmed, since ther would not be any evidence of a threat to your life or that of another. But if the perp has a tire iron or crow bar in his or her hand that might qualify. I do know that there has been a couple of LAC get into trouble just for using a gun to defend property. A few years ago I beleive some guy chased some perps that stole his SUV and shot at them. And he got into a lot of trouble for it. Can't remeber the final out come though. :dunno:

Are you talking about a vehicle, or a home?
    If someone breaks INTO my home, I'm shooting them. I don't care if they have a weapon or not. If they are in my home, as far as I know, my life is in danger. So I'm shooting them no matter what.

If they're breaking into my vehicle, well, they better be able to outrun me then. I won't draw my weapon, but I have fists, large fists. I lift every night, work the heavy bag on my cardio days. I'll chase them and knock them down. And I'll make sure the police come and take care of the rest.

I work my ass off everyday to have nice things. And it took me forever to pay my vehicle off. There's no way in hell I'm going to let someone break into it and steal my hard earned property.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I wonder if a sever ass whooping would be in order? I'm starting to feel almost helpless. It's bull****. I chased them off again last night. It's not even a super nice car. It's all stock parts, stock radio and speakers. You can't even use the radio with any other car. I don't even leave my burnt CD's in the car.
    I know what you mean. A few years ago, when i lived in a different neighborhood, some dumb-ass busted out the sliding rear window of my truck to steal a cheapo pioneer radio, bad thing was, both doors were un-locked. Crack has a very strong grasp of some people I guess. I almost had to laugh it was so dumb, but I'm comforted by the fact that either the cops have got ahold of this moron by now, or he's OD'd.

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    Sounds like you live in one of those neighborhoods where nobody sees anything but everyone gets ripped off. You sure your neighbors aren't thieves watching out for thieves? Seems kind of odd how they keep coming back for nothing of value. jat.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I know what you mean. A few years ago, when i lived in a different neighborhood, some dumb-ass busted out the sliding rear window of my truck to steal a cheapo pioneer radio, bad thing was, both doors were un-locked. Crack has a very strong grasp of some people I guess. I almost had to laugh it was so dumb, but I'm comforted by the fact that either the cops have got ahold of this moron by now, or he's OD'd.

That is about as bad as what happened to us. My dad had just gotten a CD player in his car. It wasnt nice, but it wasnt cheap. It was a then-current model Sony CD player with removable faceplate. He was always really good about taking the faceplate off, and yelling at those of us who didnt after borrowing the car. He forgot to take it off one night, and sure enough someone broke into the car. They scratched the dash to the point of being worthless, and when they couldnt get the CD player out, they smashed the faceplate on the ground. In the end, they made off with two bagpipe CDs. The funny part is that since the CD player was new, the "keys" that let you pull it right out were sitting on the dash, in plain sight, and were labeled "Sony CD Player Keys - Cougar".

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I need to bookmark the IC's. Thanks for posting that. I read it as I do not have to retreat if I believe that force is necessary to prevent or terminate the other person's unlawful entry of my house or vehicle. I might have to bring this up in class tomorrow.

Here is a better reference for the self-defense laws:

Indiana Code 35-41-3

You and afew 'trusting' neighbors, no more than 5 need to handle this.

It's quite obvious the perp is indeed familar, a predator (He observes the pattern, and then acts accordingly.) your best bet is to have everyone continue business as usual, and attempt to ambush the crook, what happens to him after he's caught, is between the captor and him.

Quite honestly, hospitality is not in your favor to give him.

Perhaps Armed Foot patrol is in order, self-clean up, ZERO tolerance for criminals of any sort.

I suggest this route, because of the obvious LEO shortage, and increase criminal activity in your area. It's only a matter of time before a House wife, kids or unsuspecting individual is victim to the violent ambitious of this perp.

Like a violent, aggressive dog, the Individual must be dealt with.

Dude, you really need to stop advocating (implying) on the forum that people act outside the constraints of the law.

You may not agree with the laws as written but to suggest that others possibly violate them in something as serious as the potential killing of another person is just plain irresponsible. That kind of advice can end up costing someone lots of money if not prison time.

A friend of mine shot a guy breaking into his car in the driveway, cost him every penny he had to keep his home and stay out of prison.

See...just like that. ^

So who wants to follow his advice now?

CombatVet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2009
    Bartholomew County
    I suggested this to an east side res., of Indy, how about an OC cookout at your place ????? I am sure of your INGO "friends" would show up .....

I like it!

But seriously, I'm always doing stuff out in my yard while I OC. The neighbors who know me and are good peoples laugh when they see me doing the dishes with my SKS on my back. I've got NRA stickers on the cars, the front door. I don't know how else to advertise that I own guns and am willing to use them (legally).

beararms1776

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2010
    INGO
    I like it!

But seriously, I'm always doing stuff out in my yard while I OC. The neighbors who know me and are good peoples laugh when they see me doing the dishes with my SKS on my back. I've got NRA stickers on the cars, the front door. I don't know how else to advertise that I own guns and am willing to use them (legally).
    The OC cookout sounds like a swell idea. I would go for it.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    just beat the holy **** out of them. I think we should be able to shoot anyone who even jacks with your car or house (thats why they use to hang horse theives because horses were as expenssive as cars, and you were screwed without your horse), but unfortunatly the Indiana law doesnt agree with me.

if they threaten to kill you, then just shoot them. thats enough reason to be in fear of your life right there. and I dont care what anyone else says, let a jurry decide. Theres no way i would convict someone of shooting a guy who was breaking into his car. no way

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    just beat the holy **** out of them. I think we should be able to shoot anyone who even jacks with your car or house (thats why they use to hang horse theives because horses were as expenssive as cars, and you were screwed without your horse), but unfortunatly the Indiana law doesnt agree with me.

if they threaten to kill you, then just shoot them. thats enough reason to be in fear of your life right there. and I dont care what anyone else says, let a jurry decide. Theres no way i would convict someone of shooting a guy who was breaking into his car. no way

I think it should be like in Texas (remember the guy on the 911 call), if they are jacking with your neighbor's stuff you should be able to shoot them too... wouldn't take long to eliminate a lot of that crap.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    So whatever happened to the guy who tried to jimmy your car door? You need to get "Uncle Louie" to pay him a little visit. I did that once to some guy stalking my daughter. Haven't heard from him since...

Top Bottom