• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stickfight

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Dountoun ND
    Dogs are the cyclists second worst enemy, behind idiots in cars. Today a dog nearly piled up most of the peloton in the Tour de France.

I was once riding in a criterium race in Columbus OH and the guy next to me hit a dog then slammed into me. We were going about 30 MPH and all three participants in the incident went to the hospital.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    A hammer?

I would like something with a bit more reach but it could be an option.

I could even OC it.
    040013.jpg

PwrCruz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    Westside Indy
    Have you looked in to a Cold Steel sjambok? Had a 42" one that solved my dog chasing problem, they are pretty cheap priced the biggest problem is finding a way to carry one.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Have you looked in to a Cold Steel sjambok? Had a 42" one that solved my dog chasing problem, they are pretty cheap priced the biggest problem is finding a way to carry one.

Yes it's a bit long to easily carry.That's why im thinking some kind of expandable baton would be the easier way to carry a stick around.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    taser! The one that shoots darts! Light their arse up!

Bleach will permanently blind the dog. I guess if you are willing to inflict harm and I do understand that the dog is going after you, but keep in mind that it is the owners fault that the dog is running around and not trained to not be so agressive.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    taser! The one that shoots darts! Light their arse up!

Bleach will permanently blind the dog. I guess if you are willing to inflict harm and I do understand that the dog is going after you, but keep in mind that it is the owners fault that the dog is running around and not trained to not be so agressive.

I cant get a Taser.It's over 1300 USD :rolleyes: here and for LEO only I think.

I dont want to hurt the dog but if im attacked I will have to.
    The dog escaped from a yard and was running loose in the middle of the road.
    I didn't see the owner around trying to get his dog back.I dont even know from which house the dog came so I cant even contact the owner.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I had a farm dog come boiling out of a yard while I was on an organized ride out in the country. I shot him across the nose with Halt, a weak pepper spray made especially for cyclists.
    He locked up all four legs and slid to a stop just like in the cartoons.
    I recommend pepper spray that shoots in a stream.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    -Air Horn
    -Mace

I prefer a air horn. I've used both on dogs before. The air horn had a much more immediate effect. The mace took a few seconds. Used the air horn with one long spurt at first then shorter erratic spurts until not needed. The mace works well if you have a few seconds to spare as sometimes it takes a second for the burn to kick in.

If you find yourself without either then peddle hard. Do not stop.

Last edited:

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    There is a Chihuahua with a Cujo complex in my neighborhood. It chases me on my bike and when I'm walking. ( crossing the street to get to me) Finally, I'd had enough. The last time he charged at me I turned around and yelled, " BACK OFF YOU LITTLE $#!t! ", and took a couple of stomps toward him. He stopped and continued to growl. The owner came out and I told them that next time I'm calling animal control and if he tries to bite me again, he might be missing some teeth. Don't get me wrong, I'm an animal lover, but I love my ankles more.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    There is a Chihuahua with a Cujo complex in my neighborhood. It chases me on my bike and when I'm walking. ( crossing the street to get to me) Finally, I'd had enough. The last time he charged at me I turned around and yelled, " BACK OFF YOU LITTLE $#!t! ", and took a couple of stomps toward him. He stopped and continued to growl. The owner came out and I told them that next time I'm calling animal control and if he tries to bite me again, he might be missing some teeth. Don't get me wrong, I'm an animal lover, but I love my ankles more.

I love your style. :D

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    I usually don't answer the door. Telling them I won't vote for their Marxist, gun-grabbing candidate usually results in a pseudo-lecture. That just ticks me off even worse and then...
    oh, wait, :n00b:

I may have misunderstood what this thread is about. :dunno:

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom