Defensive Carry - 1911, Semi Auto, Revolver?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • What is your primary EDC firearm?

• Total voters

Bounty Hunter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    There you are.
    I bought the M&P 9mm with the safey because my 1911 has the same style and I do not get confused going from one to the other. I would hate to be reaching for a safety and it not be there causing problems.

str0h

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    I carry a Taurus .357 revolver. I have an extended grip on it which I think is a must.

I used to carry a Para .45 carry model.

Both are great, I just enjoy the wheel more I guess...

Chris-B

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Glock!!!! I carry my Glock 26 the majority of the time, but my 17 still gets its fair share of carry time!

johnflaherty1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    logansport
    i vote 1911 now that i got a new paddle holster for it i love carrying it now that i barely notice it now, plus carrying a 45 has the stoping power i need and it have never jamed i have put 500 rounds through it and 100 hollow points and it is awesome!

dodgetoyz

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    I carry a Kimber Custom II TLE. In 45 ofcourse. I thought about this alot and this was my reasoning. The TLE is a purpose built bad boy. It is not a target/safe gun. It is meant to be fired. Also, If it ever came down to it, I want to know for sure that my bullet is going EXACTLY where I want it(2 in the chest). I don't know that I could live with having a 9mm pass through and hitting someone else or missing all together with a lesser gun. The Kimber groups amazingly and I trust that it will do what i want it to. I know most people say that it all goes down in CQ but in my experience, there has been more than enough room between us that a good shot matters(he missed). I have been in "one of those situations" 2x the time he missed, I didn't have a gun on me and we were maybe 25 feet apart. The best thing about BG's is, they never learn to use a gun properly. The other, the BG said "don't make me get my AK out da trunk", we were 20 feet apart. I showed him that he wouldn't make it to the trunk, and he left.

Top Bottom