• ...and so much more!
  • derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    This past Sunday, I had another opportunity to train with Defensive Shooting Concepts. It was a great class and offered a mix of conceptual discussion, dry practice, and live fire. Solid variety of shooters (which in my opinion is extremely beneficial because I train in group classes to learn from the instructor as well as the other folks in the class). We had shooters ranging from first time out to years of shooting experience.

We worked:

DOT DRILLS!!
    Holster draws - dry and for time
    Malfunction simulation and "offender" problem solving
    Shot placement
    Admin & combat reloads
    Distance shooting - 1/4 & 2/3 IPSC from about 25 yards
    Mozambique
    Figure 8 - forward and reverse
    Transition drills & multiple target engagement

Lots more that I've forgotten since Sunday. It's definitely a class geared towards drilling and reinforcing fundamentals (at an escalating rate of speed) that lets you get some real-time feedback on how to cut time and increase accuracy / shot placement.

A lot of us were also introduced to the Rogers Tap Rack Training Aid - a low cost product that proved pretty cool during dry practice - especially with striker fired guns..

If Jon gets a chance to read this, I also want him to know that I will co-sign his 1.17 draw to first shot time any time he needs a credible witness! :yesway:

This was my 2nd time training wth DSC and I'm looking forward to going back. We are extremely fortunate to have a large amount of credible and squared away trainers available. IMO recommendations always help you weed out the good from the bad so check DSC out if you're in the area and looking for your next opportunity to train.

Central Indiana Firearms Training - Defensive Shooting Concepts
    https://www.facebook.com/defensiveshooting.concepts/

DVS9MM

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2015
    Zionsville
    Agreed. Jonathan Tindal is a class act and teaches fantastic classes. Regardless of your skill level, you will certainly learn a great deal from him, and definitely better your shooting skills.

Top Bottom