• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    You should look for a used Surefire Delta. For whatever reason, Surefire's line of knives were a total flop and the price has really come down on them. I absolutely love mine. Very well thought out tool, that has a ton of really useful features that don't inhibit it from feeling like a usable knife. Along with being a titanium frame lock with CPMS30V blade, it has a: glass breaker, strap cutter, screw driver (that doubles as a blade flipper), wrench's (2 sizes and an adjustable), and a wire cutter.

bgray

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    Central Indiana
    I'm an ER nurse and I carry a benchmade triage 915ORG at work. The safety hook (seatbelt cutter) zips through pretty much anything. I've cut leather chaps without a hitch. I got it in orange b/c people freak out when you go to use a knife on them. The orange seems less threatening and looks more like a safety tool. Honestly, I've always carried a knife at work for my own safety as well, so going with the blunted tip wasn't something I was interested in. The sheepsfoot blade is designed to be safe for the pt. The auto version is cool I guess, but it's much more expensive and I can deploy the blade and the hook just as fast manually. I've never used the glass breaker... you guys get to do all the cool stuff but I get a climate controlled environment.

Ahburns

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    West Lafayette
    +1 for the Benchmade Triage in orange. Its only issue is the g10 texture is so aggressive it tends to destroy jean pockets. 5.11 or similar pants do not have issues.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    Did Bullfrog4ever move to Detroit? I was wondering why I haven't seen him on here..

No he is still around... He has had a really strange schedule with the Sheriffs Dept working Midnights and such. I haven't seen much of him either, but since I moved my office I don't cross paths with him as often...

ALL: Lot of great input and Ideas on the knife setups... The comments on glassbreaker yes or no made a lot of sense... And as to the Res-q-Me that someone commented on that's cool, because I was part of the development design group that first developed that at TFT back in the 90's... Its still around and I get a chuckle every time I see someone with it on their key chain... (and the spring loaded glass breaker works VERY well on it, Too)

Top Bottom