• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Defund the Police. Sounds good until you need to call 911, then you realize that was a really bad idea.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That already happens. I have even been put on hold calling the police-only line. But as far as response times go, my disttict just gained several square miles of area off Michigan Rd but no extra bodies to staff it.
    As a Management Analyst I can tell you the level of service going forward will decrease. There are very few sure things in my line of work, but that is one of them.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    At least in my Vanilla Village, the trend is to call the police for everything.

Car driving too fast for your taste?
    Car driving too slow and creeping you out?
    Someone setting off fireworks?
    A golf cart on the street?

CALL TEH COPS! :n00b:

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    The question is - did they? Was that truly their position and their opponents created this strawman?

They are plenty of BLM/Antifa folks that want no police at all, but there's way more that want reform, and have always been saying that, even if they weren't making the news.
    Like the BLM folk who started advocating for police being defunded after the killing of George Floyd? Then the Democrats took up that slogan and tried to re-brand the slogan by gaslighting us that defund = reform?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Because I don't want to edit my post (still chasing those 50 quality posts)

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/06/12/opinion/sunday/floyd-abolish-defund-police.html
    "Yes, We Mean Literally Abolish the Police"

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/30/...tion=click&module=RelatedLinks&pgtype=Article
    "No More Money for the Police"

https://www.foxnews.com/us/black-lives-matter-philadelphia-leader-abolish-police
    "The Philadelphia arm of the Black Lives Matter movement has called for the "complete abolition" of the police department in five years as well as the scrapping of military bases abroad"

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008

Cell phones are the worst thing to ever happen to law enforcement.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    If you advocate shifting a part of an organization's budget to other outlets, you are advocating defunding of that organization. You are depriving the organization of at least part of its operating revenue. How that pilfered money is spent, and on what, has no bearing on the fact it was extracted from the police budget

Welcome to the DoD budget...the Department of Everything Else.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I get the ideology of shifting funding and responsibilities to other agencies and departments. It’s good in theory. However, at the first sign of aggression and noncompliance law enforcement is going to be called to assist. Then it will be their policy that they don’t go out without law enforcement. It already happens with EMS and DCS all the time. At the end of the day police are the only ones trained to deal with violence and unruly people. We’ll still be doing the same amount of work just with less resources.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD

I thought for a second we lived in the same neighborhood but I see you're in Ft Wayne.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Expecting the shooting rate in Chicago to surpass Covid-19 in number per day. The south side has gone totally lawless and the mayor must be blind because she doesn't seem to see it. Or too stupid to admit she is clueless as to what to do.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Or, it's all part of the greater plan to destroy the Republic. She may be too stupid to see it but perhaps her funders are not.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    So whats going to stop these inner city gangs from coming out 50+ at a time looting, burning entire cities, and murdering people if there are no police officers to stand against them?

ARRAY

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 14, 2010
    Griffith
    It's going to be interesting if Trump send in federal agents like he says he going to do in Chicago. I hope he does, this stuff has got to stop before it is just an outright war. It's close now. This has got to stop.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    So whats going to stop these inner city gangs from coming out 50+ at a time looting, burning entire cities, and murdering people if there are no police officers to stand against them?

You and your friends and neighbors (whom you will need) have it in a safe in the basement (hopefully)

Top Bottom