• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CulpeperMM

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    what is the right (target) relative humidity for gun and ammo storage? I get the lower the better, but i have my dehumidifier running all the time and have to empty the bucket at least daily. at what point is humidity a threat? 50%? 70% i would like to turn up my setting a bit. i'm curious what relative humidity you all use.

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Is there a rubber gasket on the door and all pass-throughs to keep exterior humidity from becoming interior humidity? I would think that it should be pretty straight forward to take a small, confined volume, adjust its humidity, and then just leave it alone for the most part.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I have a drain available, so I don't have to empty it, and I can crank it up. I know there's humidity down there; the AC filter clogged and the heat exchanger froze up into a block of ice last week.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    I have a drain available, so I don't have to empty it . . .

This is what I do. Highly recommended if you have a drain handy. Mine goes into the little box where the A/C condensate pump is. Same diff. This way you can set it and forget it pretty much.

Don't go too dry, however, as it can dry out the woodwork in your house, book bindings, etc.

Top Bottom