• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I searched on here for this, but found nothing on it, so if it is a repeat, Mods please delete...
    Not knowing the details of web design, and running a website, I was wondering how to delete a post, or if a delete option could be added, mostly for the classifieds, it seems as though when an item is sold, the OP could delete, and would free up bytes, or bits, or computer thingies...just wonderings from an old man.....now Get Off My Lawn!

TheGrumpyGuy

Get off my lawn!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 12, 2020
    SE Indy
    Why would you want to delete those posts? Seems like leaving them would be a great tool/resource for type/quality of items an individual has sold in the past, as well as an easy reference for pricing of your own WTS ads.

P.S. Reported for unauthorized use of tagline

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I searched on here for this, but found nothing on it, so if it is a repeat, Mods please delete...
    Not knowing the details of web design, and running a website, I was wondering how to delete a post, or if a delete option could be added, mostly for the classifieds, it seems as though when an item is sold, the OP could delete, and would free up bytes, or bits, or computer thingies...just wonderings from an old man.....now Get Off My Lawn!
    NO! Those old ads are great for helping folk’s understand the value of their item. One can see what sold and the asking price and what did not sell and its asking price. Posters who remove prices should be penalized.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Why would you want to delete those posts? Seems like leaving them would be a great tool/resource for type/quality of items an individual has sold in the past, as well as an easy reference for pricing of your own WTS ads.

P.S. Reported for unauthorized use of tagline
    This is exactly why we leave the ads there and ask that they not be edited or prices deleted

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    This is exactly why we leave the ads there and ask that they not be edited or prices deleted
    Ok, didn't know...hmmm, never though about that part...But, I have responded to older ads, and the item has sold, but wasn't listed as gone, so imagine my disappointment....lol. In my case I decided to remove it because I changed my mind, and didn't sell/trade it....That's where I'm coming from, thank you all!!!

Top Bottom