• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

apsjiml

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2011
    Is there a way to delete my account on here? I just find people condescending on here. Nothing against the group as a whole but not for me. You would think we would stick together on here, instead I see people make fun of people on here. Some guys act like major league ass holes on here. I am just a fellow gun owner too that likes to stick up for the 2nd amendment. I am sure some people will say things about my post too.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    If it is something you find offensive you should link to it....so the mods can see what your talking about...just saying.

Alot of peeps on here are just kidding around with a dash of sarcasm.

If i see posts i dont like i just dont go there anymore, you dont have to get mad and leave.

hrearden

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Idk about how to delete your account, man. I can tell you that this is actually one of the tamest forums Ive ever seen regardless of the topic. You will have major league *******s everywhere you go the deeper you delve into any community, let alone the gun culture with all the preferences of everyone. If you take their posts for what they usually are, (total BS), youll be ok. Just remember man, haters gonna hate.

ryan3030

Master
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indy
    Welcome to the internet :):

As others have said you're going to encounter *******s everywhere...just have to learn to tune them out.

Socomike

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 16, 2011
    No need to delete. Sign out and dont sign back in. Its like its deleted, only without a whiny "how do I delete this account" thread.

Listen man. This is an internet forum. There are jerk offs in record numbers on the internet. There are also a lot of knowledgeable guys that will go out of their way to help you. Sarcasm is abundant and all in fun.

In my opinion, you need to grow some thicker skin and ride the waves. If someone is seriously being condescending or offensive, report them to a mod and it will be swiftly taken care of. Of that, I am positive.

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    In general - they don't delete accounts, since that makes all of the threads you've commented in BRUTAL to read. Effectively it makes more sense to set it to inactive. You can do that... just change your password to something huge and obnoxious, and never log in again.

so if your intent was to truly leave - Problem solved.

EDIT - I realize that what I wrote below sounds harsh. It's not intended as such. I agree with some of the other posters who have said, STICK around and participate. You'll learn to like the place. I do suggest based on the threads you've been in, that you thicken the skin and relax a little... it goes a LONG way and you'll meet some cool people.

If your intent was whine and butthurt and looking for sympathy (NOTE THAT I"M NOT SAYING THAT'S THE CASE), then the remedy is entirely different.

My dad always told me that I could find sympathy in the dictionary - right between :poop: and syphilis... :D Harsh, but fair...

Last edited:

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Yes, just what I was thinking ..... Why don't you just hang around, and PARTICIPATE, like all of us, YOU MIGHT find some of US, down-to-earth kind of guys... AND GALS..... JMHO :twocents: :welcome: I would even give you some REP, but I am OUT, till tomorrow .....

This is the best advice I could give. Since I started reading, and participating in this forum, I have encountered the occasional asshat, but the plus side to this is, usually they step on their own junk and get banned all on their own. If I got mad and never came back, I wouldnt have had the opportunity to laugh at them.:twocents:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Hopefully you'll reconsider and stay. There's alot of useful information to be gleaned from this site but sometimes you have to sift thru a little bs to get to it. That's the trade off on ANY internet forum. No big deal.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    No need to delete. Sign out and dont sign back in. Its like its deleted, only without a whiny "how do I delete this account" thread.

Listen man. This is an internet forum. There are jerk offs in record numbers on the internet. There are also a lot of knowledgeable guys that will go out of their way to help you. Sarcasm is abundant and all in fun.

In my opinion, you need to grow some thicker skin and ride the waves. If someone is seriously being condescending or offensive, report them to a mod and it will be swiftly taken care of. Of that, I am positive.

This! +1 Well said! :D

:popcorn:

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    Dude cmon - the way you deal with people you consider a**holes defines your character - I can see your frustration but your letting them win - hang out and interject your opinion and ask questions more than 9 times a year and I guarantee you will find more good intellegent peeps - I agree get some thicker skin and build some character - I'm still a newbee to INGO and I think INGO rocks :ingo: I don't know about you but if someone calls or thinks I'm a a**hole I take it as a kinda compliment :rockwoot:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom