• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    How about the moderator posting up something when a thread has been deleted? There was a Bayh thread earlier today that has now been removed and when I went to check it was simply gone. Would it be possible to let forum members know when a thread has been removed?

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    How about the moderator posting up something when a thread has been deleted? There was a Bayh thread earlier today that has now been removed and when I went to check it was simply gone. Would it be possible to let forum members know when a thread has been removed?
    If you remember a post title or someone who posted in the thread, preferably the OP, it would make the post easier to find. If it got merged, as is likely considering what Scutter said about it not being in the trash, it might be difficult otherwise.

As for power, SKSnut, we're under no illusions that the extent of that is solely the posts on INGO, but since there are several hundred posts a day and we have, y'know... lives outside of the board, if we stopped to announce every move, we'd get half as much done and those threads would simply be more cause for people to complain.

You don't have to like every decision we make, but you also don't have to make unfounded accusations like that.

I guess the old saying is true: You can please some of the people some of the time and all of the people none of the time.

....to which I add, "and some of the people NONE of the time."

Blessings,
    Bill

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    You sure it was deleted and not moved or merged? I'm not seeing anything in the trash.

I merged a few Bayh threads today, into this one, which I moved from the Break Room into General Politics:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/75908-evan_bayh_retires.html

I also closed one.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...cussion/75909-bayh_announcing_retirement.html

If you don't see the post(s) in question there, let me know some more specifics and I'll see if I can track it down.

We normally don't leave re-directs when we move a thread, to cut down on forum clutter.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i did a search and found nothing, but i know this has been covered before about deleted threads and the mods should pm the thread starter and things of that nature. can anyone with better search skills than i post where this has been covered before.

Top Bottom