• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So this brings up an interesting thought. Innocent until proven guilty is still the law of the land right?

So if this delta 8 substance is legal then wouldn’t a ticket, seizure and arrest for possession on the basis that it might be that horrible illegal real weed stuff be the same thing as getting a ticket/ seizure/ arrest for possession of unlabeled powdered sugar bc it might be something something else.

Now I realize the powdered sugar wouldn’t test positive in a field test kit but what if one wasn’t available and you had a baggie of sugar? Would you walk away with your sugar?

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    Back in my day we called Delta8 - ditch weed!

Don't know much about Delta8, but I knew a guy in high school who was busted for a whole van load of Newton County ditchweed. From what I've been told, you could smoke a whole ounce of the stuff with no effect. Pretty embarrassing to be busted with a whole van full of crap. When I asked him why he messed with it, he said, "because it was free, man!" Knucklehead.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Don't know much about Delta8, but I knew a guy in high school who was busted for a whole van load of Newton County ditchweed. From what I've been told, you could smoke a whole ounce of the stuff with no effect. Pretty embarrassing to be busted with a whole van full of crap. When I asked him why he messed with it, he said, "because it was free, man!" Knucklehead.

Do you know the one armed man?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Does anyone know if this stuff shows up in drug tests?

I have a neck injury and CBD helps a tiny amount. I HATE the high from weed, but some days it's bad enough the high would be preferable to the pain.

I don't want to do anything that could potentially be a problem for a drug test though.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies

I have a neck injury and CBD helps a tiny amount. I HATE the high from weed, but some days it's bad enough the high would be preferable to the pain.

I don't want to do anything that could potentially be a problem for a drug test though.
    If you cannot afford to fail a test, I would not mess with it. As far as I know, tests could not distinguish between delta 8 thc and delta 9 thc.

I think the whole argument for delta8 being legal is splitting hairs and thin at best.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010

you will fail a drug test with delta 8.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Where are you getting your numbers?

I don't know much about the other states you mentioned, but my impression of Colorado is that the violent crime rates have gone down.
    The population is really growing in Colorado, so that could show increases in incidents, but a quick check on colorado showed the murders dropped in 2014 from 2013 (2014 was the first year of legalization).

I might be totally wrong, where did you get your numbers, Thor?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    So this brings up an interesting thought. Innocent until proven guilty is still the law of the land right?

So if this delta 8 substance is legal then wouldn’t a ticket, seizure and arrest for possession on the basis that it might be that horrible illegal real weed stuff be the same thing as getting a ticket/ seizure/ arrest for possession of unlabeled powdered sugar bc it might be something something else.

Now I realize the powdered sugar wouldn’t test positive in a field test kit but what if one wasn’t available and you had a baggie of sugar? Would you walk away with your sugar?
    I never ever recall walking around with a bag of sugar in my pocket.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Having grown up in the age of Aquarius and living the whole thing in my early years I was surrounded by all of this. I knew some of the most serious stoners on the planet down to the casual one joint after work crowd. Never knew one of the to be a schitso. Slow on the uptake maybe. Dangerous.....:lmfao: hell no. I have watched these folks grow old and many have continued the intake while many have stopped. And no it is not a gateway drug. Anyone dumb enough to step into the ring with the evil :poop: was destined for the big time anyway.
    Now a boozer is another story.
    Just my personal observations along lifes trail. I call :bs:
    And your experiences will possibly be different from mine.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    There’s a big difference between the weed grown in the past and a lot of the weed now. THC levels are greater. Add to that the number of people with pre-existing mental health issues who may or may not be, or should be on medication.

I don’t think you can directly correlate to weed being THE factor causing any increase in violence. However, for some, it can cause breaks from reality (and not in the fun, munchies kinda way). Add in social isolation, immersion into a virtual reality, not even talking about true V.R. but social media and indirect communication.

In fact, one study shows THC potency and percentages have increased by 212%between 1995 and 2015, alone.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Having grown up in the age of Aquarius and living the whole thing in my early years I was surrounded by all of this. I knew some of the most serious stoners on the planet down to the casual one joint after work crowd. Never knew one of the to be a schitso. Slow on the uptake maybe. Dangerous.....:lmfao: hell no. I have watched these folks grow old and many have continued the intake while many have stopped. And no it is not a gateway drug. Anyone dumb enough to step into the ring with the evil :poop: was destined for the big time anyway.
    Now a boozer is another story.
    Just my personal observations along lifes trail. I call :bs:
    And your experiences will possibly be different from mine.

I think a very compelling argument can be made against using mj.

If my 16 year old nephew asked me if he should start smoking pot, I would tell him "No, nobody should smoke anything and pot might mess up your brain as it forms, however you ingest it."

If my congressman asked me, "should the government prohibit adults from smoking pot?", I would tell him "No, that is ridiculous."

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I think a very compelling argument can be made against using mj.

If my 16 year old nephew asked me if he should start smoking pot, I would tell him "No, nobody should smoke anything and pot might mess up your brain as it forms, however you ingest it."

If my congressman asked me, "should the government prohibit adults from smoking pot?", I would tell him "No, that is ridiculous."
    Brother we all have a view point in this. I am one who believes what ever we take in has an effect in some way good or bad.
    Everything has a side effect or so it seems.
    Pick your poisons. All things in moderation.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    Brother we all have a view point in this. I am one who believes what ever we take in has an effect in some way good or bad.
    Everything has a side effect or so it seems.
    Pick your poisons. All things in moderation.
    Absolutely.

A lot of stuff on forums becomes bickering back and forth. Each person trying to score points over each other.

I hope i did not come off that way. You are not coming off that way fwiw.

Top Bottom