• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LSUFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have a difficult time finding 10mm ammo at all, much less affordable 10mm. And 40 S&W seems to be available everywhere. I've been thinking about getting a new .40 barrel/bushing/springs/etc for my Delta Elite. What gunsmiths would you recommend to do the work?

dboz

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 26, 2009
    Greenwood
    Where are you located? I know a great guy in Greenfield if you are not in a hurry. It is not that he is backed up, it is just that he does not work fast:D But seriously, his name is Richard Marks. You can look him up in the phone book under RAM Gunsmithing, No website.

gunselman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    32   2   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Indy
    10mm isn't that hard to find if you look in the right places. If you go to the 1500 there will be at least 3 people selling ammo at decent prices. TheAmmoMan has a huge ammo table at the 1500's and he sells 10mm the cheapest i have ever seen. I think the prices were actually cheaper than 45acp. I wouldn't waste my time with switching to 40sw. I have a couple other mail order places to get it for a good deal if you are interested PM me.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    If you don't like the 10mm I think you'd be money ahead to just sell the gun and get something else. You'll never recover what you spend on the mods.

barrelmaker_2002

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Rochester, MN
    I have a difficult time finding 10mm ammo at all, much less affordable 10mm. And 40 S&W seems to be available everywhere. I've been thinking about getting a new .40 barrel/bushing/springs/etc for my Delta Elite. What gunsmiths would you recommend to do the work?

The solution to this issue is not a bunch of parts and a competent gunsmith. The solution is reloading.

For what you will spend on parts and the like, you could be most of the way towards purchasing a nice reloading set-up and the reloaded ammo will be cheaper than factory 10MM and/or 40S&W.

Factor in the likely reduction in the gun's value if you convert it from 10 MM (cool!) to 40S&W (boring....), and my way makes even more sense.

marshallartist

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Can you reload? It might be a better long term investment than having the gun refitted for a different (albeit similar) caliber.

After getting a 10mm and a .41 Magnum I purchased a single stage reloading press in order to keep them fed.

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    I personally think 10mm is the way of the future. Don't switch. Just find a way to do it cheaper.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    I personally think 10mm is the way of the future. Don't switch. Just find a way to do it cheaper.

I wish it was the way of the future...unfortunately it is just a handful of us 10mm fanatics holding on

I have the best solution for the OP....sell the gun to me and buy yourself a new .40!!! :D

LSUFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Bloomington
    I guess I'll have to get into reloading. I like the 10mm plenty...don't want to get rid of it...it's an older blue Delta that works great.
    Sorry that I didn't reply earlier...I had trouble getting onto the site yesterday.

LSUFan

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Bloomington
    Gunselman, I would like your sources. Which one is AmmoMan at the 1500? I didn't make it to the last show, but will be at the one in Aug/Sept.
    I contacted Acme down near the river and am on their list for the next time they load 10mm. When I entered the store, a customer was buying all their 10mm stock on hand...15 minutes earlier and I would have had plenty.:rolleyes:
    Thanks for any help. I need to get my Post count up to 15 before I can PM you. sorry.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    not sure what area you live in, but Gander Mtn here in Ft Wayne always has 10mm target ammo. Your choice is limited to Blazer 200gr. FMJ, and that's the only choice, but they always have it, and you can buy all the SD ammo you want online. Or Cabella's up by Chicago stocks a wider variety and some SD choices as well. Yes, reloading would be the way to go if possible.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I'd be interested in a group buy if it was from georgia arms. Last time I ordered from them was for the 180gr FMJ and it shot decently.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Just curious, and not trying to side track the discussion, but what ammo are you guys running in your 10mm's?

Mine if a G20SF and I'm running hornady 200gr XTP's over bluedot. The hornady bullets are pretty accurate and ready to do any task I'd ever ask of my 10mm.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Just curious, and not trying to side track the discussion, but what ammo are you guys running in your 10mm's?

Mine if a G20SF and I'm running hornady 200gr XTP's over bluedot. The hornady bullets are pretty accurate and ready to do any task I'd ever ask of my 10mm.

Double Tap for carry ammo. I haven't needed to start reloading due to readily available target ammo in my area

Top Bottom