• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    more like delta point prolapse

I had a rather poor showing Saturday at the idpa match, so I decided to try putting the delta point pro back on my p320 legion, I ran to the range yesterday (beautiful 60 degrees in feburary!) put about 15 rounds thru it to rezero it, and less than 50 round later the triangle disappears...ok don't know how old the battery is...try 3 different batteries and none of them work!!!

so I called the guy who's letting me borrow it (he wasn't using it) and told him it :poop: the bed, he replied "ive heard they do that sometimes"...so today I called them to verify it was real, and not some Alibaba pos, and they said it was legit (or that they hadn't herd of that serial number being counterfeited) and told them my concern...that I suck at idpa, and was hoping to put in on my gun for the next idpa match (next Saturday) and he said...repairs and replacements are taking about "7 weeks!...and then he drops this tidbit of info on me...the 7moa triangle has been dropped, and that they might be out of stock by the time they get to mine (my friends actually)

I texted my friend and told him that it'd been dropped (the 7moa version)...he said "oh the price just went up on it since its a collectors item now"...since he wasn't using it, I had asked about buying it from him... (he's joking!)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Quite common. None of the current crop of red dots are ready for prime time mounted on slides. That being said, I have had great luck with my DPP. Terrible luck with Vortex's a type 1 RMR that is around 10 years old and close to 100,000 rounds on a G19 and still going strong. A type 2 RMR that I have to send back so I am trying a Holosun 507c in its place. I pre-ordered a Holosun 507k to take the place of the crappy Sig Romeo Zero currently on my 365xl.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Quite common. None of the current crop of red dots are ready for prime time mounted on slides. That being said, I have had great luck with my DPP. Terrible luck with Vortex's a type 1 RMR that is around 10 years old and close to 100,000 rounds on a G19 and still going strong. A type 2 RMR that I have to send back so I am trying a Holosun 507c in its place. I pre-ordered a Holosun 507k to take the place of the crappy Sig Romeo Zero currently on my 365xl.

Do you think the Holosun is "ready for prime time"?

I'm thinking about going the RDS route, but I'm not interested in buying a piece of equipment that doesn't last.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Interested in the Type2 failure? I’ve had a 507C fail, but am going to retry the Holosun line on advice from Aaron Cowan, but my Type 1 failure was the “dot flicker” that I found after sending back can be cured with RTV or electrical tape, or different plate. I’ve only got a couple thousand on the tyoe2, but 15-20 on the Type1

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I was looking at the Romeo zero, but last week I saw the 507k, so for 50 bucks more I’ll pay for metal over plastic!
    ive got a Holosun on a ar15 pistol and I kinda like it, if Holosun made one that fit the dpp footprint id probably buy one if I have to I’d buy an adapter plate but damn! They’re expensive!!!

Dmac22

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 1, 2020
    COLUMBUS
    I was going to ask the same thing. I know Sage Dynamics training group which are very pro-red dot really talk up the holosun durability. It seems that is their go to now.

I'm thinking about going the RDS route, but I'm not interested in buying a piece of equipment that doesn't last.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    I was going to ask the same thing. I know Sage Dynamics training group which are very pro-red dot really talk up the holosun durability. It seems that is their go to now.
    Aaron Cowan is still deeply RMR, he is testing and liking the Holosun.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.

Not completely no. Heck even the Aimpoint Acro has issues. I think the Holosun is probably as close as you are going to get to the RMR plus has some interesting features

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Interested in the Type2 failure? I’ve had a 507C fail, but am going to retry the Holosun line on advice from Aaron Cowan, but my Type 1 failure was the “dot flicker” that I found after sending back can be cured with RTV or electrical tape, or different plate. I’ve only got a couple thousand on the tyoe2, but 15-20 on the Type1

I wish I knew. It goes through batteries at the rate of about one every 3 months.

Last edited:

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I personally have had very good luck with my DPP but it is the 2.5 MOA dot version (battery life is at 5 months on level 6 so far) that being said Sage Dynamics "White Paper" is in my opinion the best source of even close to somewhat standardized Pistol RDS testing so I would make buying recommendations off that, Holosun and Trijicon seem to do really well.

https://www.sagedynamics.org/

Link to the white paper is on the website

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I personally have had very good luck with my DPP but it is the 2.5 MOA dot version (battery life is at 5 months on level 6 so far) that being said Sage Dynamics "White Paper" is in my opinion the best source of even close to somewhat standardized Pistol RDS testing so I would make buying recommendations off that, Holosun and Trijicon seem to do really well.

https://www.sagedynamics.org/

Link to the white paper is on the website

Thanks! 71 pages! I guess is must be pretty thorough! I'll read it during my lunch at work.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I discovered an issue with my Holosun 507C the other day. If I’m in a dimly lit area and aiming into a bright area, the reticle gets washed out and becomes unusable on the Holosun. If I do the same exercise using my RMR equipped pistol, the dot stays bright enough to be just as usable as at any other time.

It seems like the Holosun adjusts brightness based on light hitting the solar cells where as the RMR is adjusting brightness through the glass. Or, in other words, the Holosun adjusts brightness based on were you are and the RMR bases it on where you are aiming.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I discovered an issue with my Holosun 507C the other day. If I’m in a dimly lit area and aiming into a bright area, the reticle gets washed out and becomes unusable on the Holosun. If I do the same exercise using my RMR equipped pistol, the dot stays bright enough to be just as usable as at any other time.

It seems like the Holosun adjusts brightness based on light hitting the solar cells where as the RMR is adjusting brightness through the glass. Or, in other words, the Holosun adjusts brightness based on were you are and the RMR bases it on where you are aiming.

Correct. I don't use the auto dimming feature for that reason.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Been reading the Sage article. Interesting. It talks about how with iron sights we as humans for the first time don't focus on the target. This has been my question since I started shooting. I have a hard time wrapping my head around that concept when virtually everything I have done requires focus on the target. (ball sports, instinctive archery, driving a nail, throwing darts,etc.). This kinda confirms I have not been far off base on this thinking.

I am really starting to think that if I am going to enjoy shooting and get better with the remaining years I have left, I should consider using this technology. I have spent the last 2+ years experimenting with magnified shooting glasses to deal with fuzzy front sights and my cross dominance, so maybe it's time to move on.:dunno:

I mean, how long and how much practice will I need to get good with irons? I am just not able to shoot thousands' of rounds annually and since shooting is a perishable skill, I may be better off going this route.

I have a cheapo red dot on my .22 pistol and both my wife and I really enjoy shooting it.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    My study of red dots on pistols lead me to the conclusion that the largest factory is how the optic is fitted to the gun.

Waiting on ATEI wasn't fun, but the cut is great and my RMR is in there snuggly.

Top Bottom