Democrat vs. Republican - I finally understand...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Their names actually DO mean something still today. I actually though the names had become so bastardized over the years that no sense could be made of it, but I was wrong.

REPUBLICAN = Believes in a Constitutional Republic. The USA is a Constitutional Republic. Preserves the Republic, and protects the Constitution. This explains where the term "conservative" comes from, which is to preserve the constitution.

DEMOCRAT = Believes in Democracy. Literally. If the majority feels a certain way, then they feel that they can make laws, and don't respect any constitution, or other form of government. Hence the term "progressive" (or 'change', or 'forward'), and "liberal" (a liberal interpretation of the constitution).

So the next time someone starts an argument over what "Liberal" means, or "Left vs. Right", cut to the chase, and explain this to them instead.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Your definitions are correct.

Add one more to your list:

Politician, Believes in getting his first, by any means. Will often say they believe in Rebublican or Democrat ideals, but really only believe in taking care of himself. Has no conscience about cheating others to reach this goal.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    That's a pretty good basic summary, although far too many Republicans are actually Democrats, and far too many Democrats are actually Fascists.

ocsdor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2009
    Lafayette, IN
    picture.php

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    REPUBLICAN = Believes in a Constitutional Republic. The USA is a Constitutional Republic. Preserves the Republic, and protects the Constitution. This explains where the term "conservative" comes from, which is to preserve the constitution.

Can you name 5 elected Republicans at the Federal level who haven't voted against the constitution? I can't.

Republicans who actually respect the constitution are a fringe ultra-minority. My favorite one just retired. A standard Republican, in the real world, is a proponent of the War on Terror, the Patriot Act, the War on Drugs, central banking, and a mixed bag of other authoritarian issues that the Feds have no constitutional provision to be involved in. (Federal education, domestic spying, domestic TSA checkpoints, bailouts, undeclared wars, foreign aid, etc.)

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    REPUBLICAN = Believes in a Constitutional Republic. The USA is a Constitutional Republic. Preserves the Republic, and protects the Constitution.

Shenanigans.

Patriot Act
    Homeland Security
    U-Constitutional Wars a-plenty
    Warrantless wiretapping
    War on Drugs

I could keep going, but I see little point in it.

Of course the Dems rallied for the Bill of Rights during the Bush years. Once Obama was elected, they jumped right on the wagon in support of the exact same policies they decried under Bush. Republicans do the same thing. Principles don't exist to either side. Party means nothing more than rhetoric, colors, and symbols. No matter who's at the helm, the Bill of Rights is undermined, the police/welfare state grows, the military industrial complex advances, gov't finds more excuses to steal from the people, and liberty is lost. Politicians with principle are assassinated or laughed at and marginalized.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Power is magnetic to the corruptible. None will keep their principles long in that environment, assuming they had any to begin with. The only way to limit them is to starve the beast.

dustjunky2000

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Greenfield
    A snake can only eat its tail for so long...

Same result.

But it's not eating it's own tail. It's eating our tails. The end result will be 100% dependence, and the state will collect all money and distribute it as it sees fit. The gov't will promise to feed us all at the nearest bread line in exchange for total slavery in service to the state. This is the natural progression of government. Think N Korea, Cuba, USSR, etc.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Can you name 5 elected Republicans at the Federal level who haven't voted against the constitution? I can't.

Republicans who actually respect the constitution are a fringe ultra-minority. My favorite one just retired. A standard Republican, in the real world, is a proponent of the War on Terror, the Patriot Act, the War on Drugs, central banking, and a mixed bag of other authoritarian issues that the Feds have no constitutional provision to be involved in. (Federal education, domestic spying, domestic TSA checkpoints, bailouts, undeclared wars, foreign aid, etc.)

They won't let me rep you. So here it is. :yesway:

Top Bottom