• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    You just know she was listening to Coltrane while she did it...

. View attachment 328415
    No doubt. Her and the millions upon millions of others who partake and go on murderous rampages every year. I'm 100% positive a defense lawyer was not involved in her story.

Just look at Abe Lincoln, he toked up and look at how many people he (had) killed.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    No doubt. Her and the millions upon millions of others who partake and go on murderous rampages every year. I'm 100% positive a defense lawyer was not involved in her story.

Just look at Abe Lincoln, he toked up and look at how many people he (had) killed.

Lester and Earl warned us of the dangers of "dim lights, thick smoke, and dead head music"

Last edited:

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Don't forget good ol George Washington. He crossed a frozen river to slit peoples throats in their sleep on Christmas morn.

If Willie hasn't gone on a murderous rampage yet, I'm not to concerned about people that smoke less than ungodly amounts.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Don't forget good ol George Washington. He crossed a frozen river to slit peoples throats in their sleep on Christmas morn.
    I started to mention him but from what little I've seen/read it's pretty well established that he grew hemp but evidence of him using it isn't quite as clear so I left his name out hoping to avoid a debate.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I started to mention him but from what little I've seen/read it's pretty well established that he grew hemp but evidence of him using it isn't quite as clear so I left his name out hoping to avoid a debate.
    Yep, no definitive proof. What makes me believe he did was an entry in his farm journals. He writes about growing a plot on part of his land and was too late, the males had already pollinated the females and the entire plot was ruined. There isn't too many reasons you would want to prevent pollination.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    An interesting tidbit is, in one entry I read several years ago, he says he waited too long to separate the males from the females.
    Which I understand is done to increase the potency of the flower tops for medicinal purposes.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    An interesting tidbit is, in one entry I read several years ago, he says he waited too long to separate the males from the females.
    Which I understand is done to increase the potency of the flower tops for medicinal purposes.
    That is one reason, there are others. Main one is to produce hybrids, but yes preventing fertilization of the females does increase potency and bud yield. And since he kept very detailed notes and didn't mention any hybridization attempts...

asevans

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 26, 2011
    The hemp plant was used for rope and a lot of stuff back then. It was a major crop up until around WWll when DuPont made a synthetic form of hemp and lobbied for its banning.
    Interesting history

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    The hemp plant was used for rope and a lot of stuff back then. It was a major crop up until around WWll when DuPont made a synthetic form of hemp and lobbied for its banning.
    Interesting history
    Not so sure that is true. Can you document the bit about DuPont?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It might be good if one didn't separate the inadvisability of relying on a crutch (regular use of drugs of any kind) too much from the idea that people are always willing to make money off of the weaknesses of their fellow man

The fact that prominent and connected people in the British Empire were making profits off of the opium trade in no way affects the advisability of opium use for the better, and testimonials and anecdotes should not replace evidence. Neither should the idea that primitive shamans possibly used weed millennia ago - they seem to have been willing to use anything that would get them high, much like today's drug users

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    It might be good if one didn't separate the inadvisability of relying on a crutch (regular use of drugs of any kind) too much from the idea that people are always willing to make money off of the weaknesses of their fellow man

The fact that prominent and connected people in the British Empire were making profits off of the opium trade in no way affects the advisability of opium use for the better, and testimonials and anecdotes should not replace evidence. Neither should the idea that primitive shamans possibly used weed millennia ago - they seem to have been willing to use anything that would get them high, much like today's drug users
    Who advocated relying on said crutch?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

Very good points. Lots of rabbit trails in this thread.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Does that also apply to let's say scotch? How about caffeine?

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Interesting history
    Yes, this is true.
    I grew up in Jasper County, Indiana in NW Indiana.
    A lot of hemp was grown there for the war effort, and even after they stopped growing it, it continued to grow wild in a good part of the county for many years.

I remember well into the 1970's when there were parts of the county where you could drive down a country road and it would be growing on both sides of the road in the ditches.

I ALSO remember that every fall, there'd be people coming from out of state to pick it and getting busted.
    THE JOKE was, the locals knew it wasn't good for getting high on, so the idiots who came from out of state were basically getting busted for nothing! :lmfao:

Rolling Stone magazine even did a story on it in the late 1970's.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom