• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    37 states have managed to survive the dreaded legalized marijuana scourge thus far. Millions of citizens with jobs, mortgages and families to feed all taking part without the fabric of society collapsing all around them.

I don't cringe when I think about the money and resources which won't be wasted on this ridiculous endeavor in the future. I look forward to the day when all of the brainwashing ******** has faded into the history books and people can focus on something worth clutching their pearls over.

As far as the reclassification is concerned, I don't see this doing anything within the DEA but putting any and all concerns about marijuana further back on the already barely simmering back burner. No one cares anymore. ISP has had representatives on television stating that they know there are thousands of Hoosiers traveling to the surrounding states, buying what they should be allowed to buy at home and bringing it back, they just wanted to ask people to wait until they get it home to partake.
    I wonder how many individuals in those 37 states are lying on their 4473 form? I wonder how many in the remaining 13 states are lying on their 4473 form? I wonder how many are being sought after by the police for lying? My point is this, if you want weed, you can get weed. If you smoke weed responsibly, you will not be thrown into jail just for smoking weed. You truly need to be doing something pretty bad for an officer to take you in just because you may be high.

IF they classify weed differently, will that mean it's removed from the 4473?

I say, keep current laws the same. Leave it all alone.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    And quite literally, it is ALMOST* impossible to OD on pot.

*The only possibility would be for someone to drink deliberately highly concentrated THC liquid.
    Actually, it's quite easy to OD on marijuana, i.e. taking more than the recommended dose on the package. The overdose just doesn't kill you.

Drinking a highly concentrated THC liquid would be the same as eating a high potency chocolate bar, ten cookies, four cans of THC soda, etc. It's very easy to smoke/eat/drink too much, but it always depends on the person. One glass of whiskey might totally hammer one person, while it's barely a warmup for some.

Last edited:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I wonder how many individuals in those 37 states are lying on their 4473 form? I wonder how many in the remaining 13 states are lying on their 4473 form? I wonder how many are being sought after by the police for lying? My point is this, if you want weed, you can get weed. If you smoke weed responsibly, you will not be thrown into jail just for smoking weed. You truly need to be doing something pretty bad for an officer to take you in just because you may be high.

IF they classify weed differently, will that mean it's removed from the 4473?

I say, keep current laws the same. Leave it all alone.
    I could not care less about anyone lying on a the 4473 when it comes to marijuana. It was ****ing ridiculous to put it on there in the first place which is confirmed now with the reclassification. The 4473 should serve as a shining example of the ridiculous nonsense surround marijuana.

Some are willing to have the veil lifted from their eyes. https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ba...s-unconstitutional-us-judge-rules-2023-02-04/

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    So what about liquids? Cough syrup wit codeine cant be imprinted.
    The big difference to me is, well first tablets are way more common than the liquids. Even with liquids, the dosing is a lot closer and you can tell if it’s an elixir containing the meds versus pot you grew versus pot. I grew versus pot. OK I don’t grow pot.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I could not care less about anyone lying on a the 4473 when it comes to marijuana. It was ****ing ridiculous to put it on there in the first place which is confirmed now with the reclassification. The 4473 should serve as a shining example of the ridiculous nonsense surround marijuana.

Some are willing to have the veil lifted from their eyes. https://www.reuters.com/world/us/ba...s-unconstitutional-us-judge-rules-2023-02-04/
    That makes sense when people claim to be law abiding gun owners.

It would be much more honorable if one claimed they will follow the law until such time it is legal and removed from the 4473. One can still stand firmly against it and fight against without breaking the law.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That makes sense when people claim to be law abiding gun owners.

It would be much more honorable if one claimed they will follow the law until such time it is legal and removed from the 4473. One can still stand firmly against it and fight against without breaking the law.
    When it's wrong on it's face I'll not lose sleep about people not respecting it.

Plus, the feds have now demonstrated that lying on a 4473 isn't a big deal, just ask Hunter. Hell, BATFE doesn't even mind if you smoke crack and buy a gun but I guess the 4473 doesn't mention crack so maybe it's not quite as big a deal as marijuana.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I've always figured that the money savings for not enforcing weed laws will be illusory if the government is looking to use it as a source of revenue. Smuggling, processing and growing enforcement of the weed to collect taxes will simply take over from possession enforcement.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    Although technically, it doesn't say Illegal drug, and since caffeine is a stimulant and I drink coffee in the mornings, I'm lying on a 4473, right?

I am addicted to caffeine, and the parsing of the question states that I would be addicted to a stimulant, hence prohibited from buying a firearm. The commas in this question supersede the "unlawful" part.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    But being that part of legalizing it should be to reduce the criminal element's involvement, people should also be allowed to grow it for their own use, in the same way that people can make beer and wine legally for their own use.

REASON being that the dispensaries typically charge much higher prices than the street cost, and even with legal dispensaries, many users will continue to buy it on the street because of the difference in cost.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    So the answer to all this relies on how one feels about laws (or anything for that matter). I never felt it was wrong so it's ok that I lied on the 4473, besides people are coming around to my way of thinking!

Can you imagine, just for a moment, if all of society lived by that feeling? HEY, wait a moment! Society is! And most people on INDGO at one time or another spoke out against that same kind of rhetoric.

When is it ok and when is it not? And who decides?

Do we continue to break a law until there is no law? Where else are we seeing this? And we call ourselves different, law abiding, constitutionalists? PALEASE!

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    REASON being that the dispensaries typically charge much higher prices than the street cost, and even with legal dispensaries, many users will continue to buy it on the street because of the difference in cost.

I have a source that says dispensaries are often cheaper than street pricing, especially for high quality cannabis, AND all the products are tested for THC levels and adulterants, unlike “your friend that has killer sh*t.

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have a source that says dispensaries are often cheaper than street pricing, especially for high quality cannabis, AND all the products are tested for THC levels and adulterants, unlike “your friend that has killer sh*t.
    Shows how much I know. LOL
    But I have read that in many places across the country, the street price is lower than the dispensaries.
    But regardless, I still think people should be legally allowed to grow it for their own use.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    My point is this, if you want weed, you can get weed. If you smoke weed responsibly, you will not be thrown into jail just for smoking weed. You truly need to be doing something pretty bad for an officer to take you in just because you may be high.
    Retired from LE almost a year ago. Zero misdemeanor arrests or citations for (only) possession in my career for me.

The idea that the jails & prisons are overflowing with Cheech and Chong types is mostly propaganda.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    37 states have managed to survive the dreaded legalized marijuana scourge thus far. Millions of citizens with jobs, mortgages and families to feed all taking part without the fabric of society collapsing all around them.
    I would disagree that the fabric of society is not collapsing, and further I would stipulate that the longer a state has had recreational marijuana the more advanced its state of collapse has become

Correlation is not causation but neither is it indicative of nothing

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No. They will remove it from the 4473 when the federal prohibition ends. There are caveats on the 4473 question already addressing legality in certain states.
    Given we have a government ceaselessly looking for reasons to deny citizens their second amendment rights, why would you think they would not develop a database of users and then use that information plus any 'incorrectly' filled out 4473s as another form of leverage to strip citizens of their rights?

Top Bottom