• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Well, they might get something passed in the senate, but I wouldn't count on it in the house. That would require a huge chunk of republicrats to go against the wishes of their constituencies. Not saying they wouldn't, but it just doesn't seem likely.

SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Well, they might get something passed in the senate, but I wouldn't count on it in the house. That would require a huge chunk of republicrats to go against the wishes of their constituencies. Not saying they wouldn't, but it just doesn't seem likely.

Yeah, nothing will happen in the House until the Senate does their bill. There are 7 Dem Senators up for reelection next year that live in Pro-Gun States. The Repubs want those Senators on record as being Anti-2nd Amendment before the bill dies in the House.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The fact that Obama is putting his election staff on the mission of trying to drum up support says that they are not that confident. If they were confident then they wouldn't need a large scale campaign of mis-information and lies.
    He's usiing his election staff because they are:
    a: Available
    b: a well oiled machine
    c: in possession of huge call lists to get out the voters and have them contact their reps. It's actually a great strategic move on his part. If you've got a machine like his why not use it?

hammer24

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    He's usiing his election staff because they are:
    a: Available
    b: a well oiled machine
    c: in possession of huge call lists to get out the voters and have them contact their reps. It's actually a great strategic move on his part. If you've got a machine like his why not use it?

I totally get it. I just don't see it as a sign of confidence in their current amount of support.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I totally get it. I just don't see it as a sign of confidence in their current amount of support.

MrJarell has a point. I remember back during election season there were pundits that said the same thing as you are now about BHO's campaign must be nervous as they were spending resources in places he should have sewn up already. Don't assume anything.

jworm1420

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    im not a political juggernaut so could someone tell me the timeline as to when the senate votes on it??? and if it ets through there when the house votes??? Thanks

coyotehunter4

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    WEST CENTRAL IND.
    Unfortunately it would not surprise me if the gun ban passed. Here lately every time the republicans go to war with Obama they loose the ass and look like a bunch of idiots. And the NRA has been no help during the latest crisis,they look like morons every time they release a statement. Pretty sad this is the best we could get to defend our rights with our votes and money.:patriot:

revance

Expert
    Rating - 88.9%
    8   1   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Zionsville
    They are confident of passing SOMETHING. Not particularly a ban. I think right now they are going to push universal background checks. If that is the case, it will just be a question of who gets screwed most. Us, or the FFLs?

digitalphoenix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2012
    In a cornfield.
    They are confident of passing SOMETHING. Not particularly a ban. I think right now they are going to push universal background checks. If that is the case, it will just be a question of who gets screwed most. Us, or the FFLs?
    Probably us because the dems will try to tack on a small fee for every background check made.

JS1911

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 12, 2012
    I doubt that this will get through the House, even getting it through the Senate is a rather iffy proposition. There are a number of pro-gun Dems that would hesitate to vote for this bill.

Jarhead77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Noblesville
    Yep and obamacare won't pass, Ron P. will win the election and I'll lose 50 pounds and finally fit into that speedo. We have to figure out how to counter his machine!!!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Probably us because the dems will try to tack on a small fee for every background check made.

Sorry, I don't mean to pick on you but I keep hearing people complain about the universal background checks because it would 'cost money'. Or to 'follow the money' on UBC.

NO. It is about registration without calling it registration. Full stop. End of story. Period.

Every sale or transfer, even parents to kids, at the death of a family member, etc. etc. Must perform a background check. Within a few years (decades?) they will have their registration without having to pass a gun registration.

Will there be people who don't comply? Yes. Would there with a registration? Yes. But in the end they are one and the same.

Top Bottom