• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 13, 2013
    South Side Indy
    I was in a local indy gun shop (not going to specify) , looking at 1911's and talking to a guy in there and another employee comes up and says "you see that guy at the front desk the (I think he said Nigerian) he has tried to buy a gun everyday this week and has been denied."
    I didn't ask questions as I was on my way out, but if a person moves to the U.S. and is declared a citizen is there still hoops they have to go through to buy a gun or if he wasn't a declared citizen then the background check did its job right?

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    Last time I checked you do NOT have to be a US Citizen to be a lawful gun owner in the US. I know they leftists have tried to ban LEGAL aliens the right to arms but so far they have not succeeded.

My guess is that this man is lacking some needed documentation or is otherwise not a proper person and is therefore being denied.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    Last time I checked you do NOT have to be a US Citizen to be a lawful gun owner in the US. I know they leftists have tried to ban LEGAL aliens the right to arms but so far they have not succeeded.

My guess is that this man is lacking some needed documentation or is otherwise not a proper person and is therefore being denied.

+1. Bought my first handgun in Indiana while still a Canadian. Bought a few more since I've become an American. :patriot:

ol' poke.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    if a person moves to the U.S. and is declared a citizen is there still hoops they have to go through to buy a gun

A US citizen is a US citizen; as such he wouldn't have to jump through any more hoops than you would. A resident alien must have his green card in addition to the regularly required drivers license or other ID. An alien admitted to the US on a nonimmigrant visa must show "documentation showing exception to the nonimmigrant visa prohibition" which would include a valid hunting license. All of the above are still subject to the NICS background check, of course.

Top Bottom