Denny Reichard (Sand Burr Gun Ranch) has passed.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Never met the man, heard he was a great guy with an awesome personality. RIP
    ps if you haven't taken the time to read his obituary you need to!

Bucky623

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I met Denny when he had a shop in Rochester in the 80’s. I didn’t know him well but he made his mark in the community.

I saw Mass at the Rochester McDonalds on April 29[SUP]th[/SUP]. I bet he was in town to visit his friend.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    I gasped out loud when i read the title.
    Never met the man but i respect his legend.

I hope he passed on on his wisdom to his following generation.

Rest in peace sir.

Shred

Trapper Jim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2012
    Arcadia
    As young men in Rochester we used to go out in the fields and take turns
    Throwing clods of clay dirt in the air and drawing our 29’s from our real leather holsters and busting them in mid air. Kids don’t try this at home. Denny was the first shooter to introduce me to buckets of ammo rather than boxes. Jack Daniels on my bar and 2400 on my bench. Don’t get any better than that.

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    Denny Reichard, a great raconteur, rest in peace my friend. I had the pleasure of knowing Denny many years and bought a few S&W revolvers from him and, of course, had him work his magic on all of my S&W revolvers over the years. My son and friends and I went to Denny's ranges to shoot steels and then shoot the BS with Denny for hours on end. Denny would often come out and do some trick shooting for us and we were always amazed at his shooting abilities. My son and I also had the chance to go Chukar hunting with Denny several years ago and it was one of the greatest hunting experiences I've ever had. Denny, ever the commentator, would "provide feedback" for each shot we made during the trip. The laughs were long and joyful and Denny was a blast to be with during our hunt. Denny will be and is sorely missed. I hope he gets to meet Messrs. Smith and Wesson up in the great shooting range in the sky and enjoy each other's company. Rest in Peace Denny, Rest in Peace.

Last edited:

dereedy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2013
    Denny Reichard was a cool guy. I didn't get to shoot much at Sand Burr because I've been away from the state for most of the last 15 years. But when I've been around I enjoyed stopping by his place.

The last time I called the phone number for Sand Burr, the recording said they're closed for good -- at least for now. That's too bad -- it was a good place to shoot and I hope maybe someone will re-open it some day.

Top Bottom