• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    just had 1 pulled and 1 fixed both sides lower ........2 1/2 hours in the chair....... Novocaine startin' to wear off:xmad: but lortabs startin' to kick in:D .....joy joy!!!

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I had an infected tooth pulled late last March. I have felt 100% healthier since. It was a molar and I ended up with a mini-implant. Although expensive, I highly recommend the procedure.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    When I was younger I had 4 teeth pulled and wore braces for 3 years.

The first 2 that I got pulled the dentist just used Oragel. Ive felt your pain and I hate the dentist to this day because of it.

I didnt get any Lortabs either. :(

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    yep no insurance here either.....today was a $540.00 shot in the gun fund:(

I feel your pain and raise you about $600.00.
    we have health insurance and an ER visit in June for a hand cut cost me about 1300.00 because of our stupid deductible!!
    Thirteen Hundred Dollars - - - that would by my dream pistol!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    Two years ago I chipped a bad tooth I had for awhile. It basically broke on a bone at dinner. I really didn't want to go to the dentist so I grabbed some pliers. After 45 minutes or so in the bathroom, I pulled that joker out.

I came out and showed my wife and asked her if she had any ideas on how to stop the bleeding. She was shocked, appalled, and called me some bad names. I just kept putting gauze in there until it sorta stopped.

Woke up the next morning and my right side face was twice the size of my left so I ended up having to go to the dentist anyway. I brought him the tooth. He scolded me really good, said I could've killed myself but did say I did a decent job on the extraction. Massive amounts of antibiotics, some pain meds, and I think he threw a stitch or two in there but can't really remember.

Took 3 days to get the swelling down.

Moral of the story, don't be dumb.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    What circumstances does just pulling a tooth out of your face entail?

I've never had anything but surface cavities and can't imagine saying, "yep, just rip that MFer out of my head, I'm done with it."

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia

I've never had anything but surface cavities and can't imagine saying, "yep, just rip that MFer out of my head, I'm done with it."

Skip to :49 seconds:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6OShU0BgQc&feature=related[/ame]

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Two years ago I chipped a bad tooth I had for awhile. It basically broke on a bone at dinner. I really didn't want to go to the dentist so I grabbed some pliers. After 45 minutes or so in the bathroom, I pulled that joker out.

I came out and showed my wife and asked her if she had any ideas on how to stop the bleeding. She was shocked, appalled, and called me some bad names. I just kept putting gauze in there until it sorta stopped.

Woke up the next morning and my right side face was twice the size of my left so I ended up having to go to the dentist anyway. I brought him the tooth. He scolded me really good, said I could've killed myself but did say I did a decent job on the extraction. Massive amounts of antibiotics, some pain meds, and I think he threw a stitch or two in there but can't really remember.

Took 3 days to get the swelling down.

Moral of the story, don't be dumb.

I almost repeated this situation. I had an infected tooth and it hurt extremely bad. All happening over a weekend and I don't have dental insurance. I woke up on Sunday morning hurting so bad I went out to the garage, grabbed some pliers and attempted to pull the tooth in the bathroom. I couldn't get a grip on the tooth and it finally sank into my brain what I was attempting to do. I then put the pliers down, took a codeine pill and went back to bed. Tooth pulled the next day and felt 10000x better. Didn't even need pain meds after the procedure. The craziest part of the entire incident is that I didn't realize because I hurt so bad that I was trying to pull my tooth with pliers sanitized in alcohol in the bathroom mirror. Pain can cause some unusual things...

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville

In my case it was to make room to install the tensioners for my braces. The way my teeth had started to grow together didnt allow room for them so they had to make room. The hard way.

DialTone301

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    East Central IL
    Broke a couple teeth years ago...got out a small file (sterilized with carb cleaner first) then got rid of the rough edges. Wasn't fond of any of the local dentists.

Now 20 years later I found a dentist I trust and am in the process of getting things fixed. Just had a temporary bridge installed and have 2 more to go. About $3K each and the insurance is already at its limit...wife says no new guns for a while.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

It's almost as dumb as the act itself. I broke off part of my tooth so anything that touched it hurt like hades after biting into that bone. Even swallowing was hurting.

I had a big meeting coming up the following day so I didn't want to miss work to go to the dentist. I figured I could rip the tooth out of my head and still make my meeting. Perhaps, if needed, I would go to the dentist later in the week.

Yeah, it was really, really dumb. Missed the meeting anyway so it was all for not.

Top Bottom