• ...and so much more!
  • SirLiftsALatte

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Nope.

Not the way we do things here in America.

No matter who the President is, they don’t get to call “time” on an investigation.
    Well, unless they don’t want to be put away for obstruction of justice.

Fair enough... How about for mission creep? How about lack of evidence turned up after nearly what, a year and a half?

If Trump has did in fact collude with Russia in some way, and there is solid proof, then he should be held accountable for it. Which yeah, I know, that means that there must be time for an investigation. But you'd think that by now there would be some substantial smoke indicating fire.

My concern is that Trump is being targeted because of who he is, and the threat that he represents to the political establishment. There is probably Stormy Daniels level of dirt on everyone in DC, it's just that people look the other way when it's a member of the good ol' boys club.

Hillary did far worse than Trump, with much more solid evidence of it, and she got off clean. Why? Because she is a swamp creature, and her political allies covered for her.

:twocents:

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I suspect that in retrospect, we all agree that Nixon would have been impeached and removed from office due to his abuse of power.

Perhaps thats a wrong assumption. But I remember spending a great deal of time watching the Nixon presidency fall apart pretty decisively. It was crushed by an avalanche of evidence.

That inquiry, despite clear and overwhelming evidence of obstruction of justice and abuse of the office of President, lasted over 2 years.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I met Dershowitz a couple times back in the day. He did always strike me as principled, even on issues about which we disagreed.

This piece is a bit too... alarmist for me, but I can't say he's completely wrong. This attorney-client privilege thing has been an issue for a long time. One's position on where to draw the line ought not migrate depending on the client's affiliations.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Fair enough... How about for mission creep? How about lack of evidence turned up after nearly what, a year and a half?

If Trump has did in fact collude with Russia in some way, and there is solid proof, then he should be held accountable for it. Which yeah, I know, that means that there must be time for an investigation. But you'd think that by now there would be some substantial smoke indicating fire.

My concern is that Trump is being targeted because of who he is, and the threat that he represents to the political establishment. There is probably Stormy Daniels level of dirt on everyone in DC, it's just that people look the other way when it's a member of the good ol' boys club.

Hillary did far worse than Trump, with much more solid evidence of it, and she got off clean. Why? Because she is a swamp creature, and her political allies covered for her.

:twocents:
    Well put. Looks like the Mueller "Russia investigation" could last Trumps entire Presidency. Eventually the lefty investigator crew will find someone to roll over on Trump(or so they hope).

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Well put. Looks like the Mueller "Russia investigation" could last Trumps entire Presidency. Eventually the lefty investigator crew will find someone to roll over on Trump(or so they hope).

Isn't that a good thing? ....noting that the bolded sentence implies that the president has done something significantly wrong, that would endanger his tenure as president.

trailrider

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    GREENSBURG
    Isn't that a good thing? ....noting that the bolded sentence implies that the president has done something significantly wrong, that would endanger his tenure as president.
    Not necessarily. Everyone, particularly those in Washington, has skeletons(at least a bone or two) in their closet. If there has been a crime committed(dare I say significant), then by all means let it be brought to light. Now it seems anyone who has ever associated with Trump better not have any skeletons either.

The point I was trying to make, was that eventually they might be able to scare someone into substantiating one of their claims against our President.

Top Bottom