• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I generally agree, taxpayers shouldn’t foot the bill for Trump’s legal battles.

I’m gonna kinda flip this a little though. I've often said Trump brought at least a little of this on himself by his own behavior. We shouldn't have to pay for that. You want to foot the bill for his legal fees, you sacrifice your own resources to do it. But, I don't think any sane, thinking person, believes that Democrats haven't been weaponizing the power of government against political enemies, and Trump is at the top of the list.

Trump didn't start the Russia collusion hoax. Democrats and a few Republicans did that. Should government pay for that? I submit that insofar as "government" is supposed to follow the rule of law, rather than the rule of law, it is the rule of men that caused Trump to have to spend his own money for legal defense. Trump, and really anyone who is a victim, should be able to sue the DNC and individual members of government who used their offices to weaponize government against citizens. HIllary's campaign started it off with hiring the dude who made the fake dossier. Sue her ass to recoup whatever personal legal expenses Trump had to defend himself from start to finish.

Same with the frivolous charges. He should be able to sue the people in government for actions they too. I know some of the lawyers are gonna lose their **** over that statement. :runaway: I think the way it should work is to investigate and prove in court that these people conspired to do this ****, and once convicted of that, floodgates of all their personal wealth open up to being sued into poverty.

It's not my fault Hillary did that to Trump. Hold her accountable for Trump's legal bills, not me.
    On what grounds would he sue her? If I make a dossier can I be sued?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Florida legislators that want taxpayers to pay for Trump's legal bills called the proposed legislation. "Freedom Fighters Fund" That's a noble name.

Why should there be legislation for the fund, and have taxpayers pay for it?

Set up the fund under that noble name for those that want to donate funds for a legal defense. I'm all for it and I'm sure they would get plenty to donate just like they are donating to Trump's campaign which has now basically become a legal defense fund. That is the way to do it.

I think it would be better use of such legislative efforts to go after those that file frivolous pollical charges and hold them accountable for squandering taxpayer money. After all they are elected to work on the behalf of taxpayers.

Last edited:

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yep, that is the courts purview…
    Courts purview to decide IF the government should or not have to pay it back?

So your original question is what do we think the courts should do if Trump fights for reimbursement in the courts?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    On what grounds would he sue her? If I make a dossier can I be sued?
    If it can be proven that she was involved in the conspiracy to use false information to justify the federal investigation and eventual impeachment of Trump, yeah. If all she did was make up information to dupe the public, that’s free speech.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

So your original question is what do we think the courts should do if Trump fights for reimbursement in the courts?
    Courts should tell him to set up a go-fund-me.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That's not really an answer.

I guess what you are saying is suing anybody for anything is constitutional basically.
    Are you slandering me? :lmfao: :lmfao:

Cannot anyone sue for anything? Looks to me like it when there is even a law gun manufacturers are not liable for crimes committed with a gun they made and the suits are not immediately dismissed…

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    That's not really an answer.

I guess what you are saying is suing anybody for anything is constitutional basically.

That's how the courts and legal system works, yes. You can sue anybody for anything, but it's up to the courts whether it has merit enough to warrant a hearing.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    My opinion exactly. Just goes to show you that small government, low tax republicans are largely a myth. When the right cause comes along they're quite willing to throw the taxpayer under the bus to get their pet project funded.
    I'm against using taxpayer money to pay his bills also, but for a different reason. They would not advocate such if he was just a regular citizen being dragged for being Jan 6 adjacent. If they wouldn't do it for the little people, why do it for anyone else

And if they are among the wealthy and powerful, why not just step up themselves. Being free with government money because it costs the advocate for the spending little or nothing is SO democrat

That said, I wouldn't mind red state governments stepping in to help their ordinary citizens who are being persecuted by the feds

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

If he goes after Biden's money directly for being the ring-leader, we should applaud - after all, democrats pioneered the idea that a president can be sued and/or criminally charged for actions taken during office

Top Bottom