• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Does anyone know if the grips on Magnum Research DE 1911 .45 are the same as another model in 1911? I know some models from different companies are 1/8th of an inch off one way or another and would hate to buy one from the interwebz that didn't fit.

Also, same question goes for their sights? I want to replace the stock sights with some kind of night sight, but since no one offers their model for replacement, is there another comparable 1911 that I can order them to fit the same way?

Thanks guys!:D

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    You need to find out what sight cuts the slide has, that tells you what sights you can use. As for the grips, why don't you just measure the distance between the holes (center to center) and then have someone else check a more popular 1911?

christman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2010
    Terra Haute
    Thanks Garand. I just switched the grips today. But I still am not sure about what the other poster is talking about when it comes to sight cuts and how I am able to tell what mine has.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have a Desert Eagle 1911 also. I believe the cuts are what they call "Kimber" cuts. Definitely not Novak cuts. I have VZ grips on my Desert Eagle also. My Hogue grips work fine also.

picture.php

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    100   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    Let me know how the sights work out!!! I'm looking to replace my sights also. Not a big fan of the plain jane sights. I am however impressed with the overall quality and accuracy of the Desert Eagle. Combat Handguns did a nice article on the Desert Eagle and had nothing but good things to say about its accuracy. I think these 1911s are a well-kept secret right now:ingo:

SW.Ecks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    LaPorte
    I almost bought one about a month back, but decided I needed the money more than I needed another 1911. And whagt I meant about the sight cuts is some manufacturers cut the slide differently than others, so not all sights will work on one handgun. My SW1911 has Novak cuts, which I think is one of the most popular (I could be wrong, I don't get too into the fine details unless I'm buying something new for myself :) ).

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Another selection for grips, look up "Monkey Grips by Larry Davidson"

When I owned my EMP, I put some of his Horned Lizzard grips on them. BEAUTIFUL.

I gather from my recent URL search...seems that his site is being re-vamped currently. Might try it in a few days / week?

Top Bottom