• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ddenny5

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    Some where in the USA
    I have a Desert Eagle and the gun shoots about 6-8 inches high at 25 yards. The gun is new and I had the Millet sights put on the gun. The rear sight is all the way down and still shoots high. I put the gun in a vise and used a laser to check the laser. The laser and the sights line up. I am accustom to .44 mag revolvers. Is there a reason why the gun shoots so high?

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    I have a Desert Eagle and the gun shoots about 6-8 inches high at 25 yards. The gun is new and I had the Millet sights put on the gun. The rear sight is all the way down and still shoots high. I put the gun in a vise and used a laser to check the laser. The laser and the sights line up. I am accustom to .44 mag revolvers. Is there a reason why the gun shoots so high?
    try it at 50 and 100 yards, you might find the sights are meant for longer range than 25 yards. if you cant shoot that far, you could always put a higher front sight on it.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I was able to hold about 3" groups with my Mark VII at 100 yards from a sandbag.
    Like roadrunner said, try them out at a little more distance.

I've been told in the past that Desert Eagles are designed as competition guns.

Gingerbread Man

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2013
    Columbia
    Mount a red dot on it and see if that will zero. If the red dot zeros then the sights are not properly regulated. Also, as Indy Guy 77 stated, it's most likely ammo related.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Magnum research does not make a tall sight for my model with the 8 slots on top. I will try at 50 yards and see what happens.

i will be suprized if you see any bullet drop at 50 yards. My guess is it will be even higher. Are you shooting .50ae?

Top Bottom