• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    Theres a shop around here that has 2 Desert Eagles one is a MK II and the other a MK VII both are 357s and I need a little schooling on them. What would you pay for one he wants 850 a piece I think and to me that seems kinda high hes had them for years. Whats your opinion on both and the whats the differences (there hard to find info on because of all the video games) they both look still new

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    Theres a shop around here that has 2 Desert Eagles one is a MK II and the other a MK VII both are 357s and I need a little schooling on them. What would you pay for one he wants 850 a piece I think and to me that seems kinda high hes had them for years. Whats your opinion on both and the whats the differences (there hard to find info on because of all the video games) they both look still new

DE 357 don't kick much, but they are so big & you need a large hand to grip them. I sold the one I had

Mr. Habib

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Somewhere else
    I've had two of them, both in .44 Mag. I still have the second one. I like it, very accurate and reliable. They are BIG and pretty heavy. Unless you are hunting with one, they are kind of a novelty gun. Not really good for much, but a fun range gun.

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I've had two of them, both in .44 Mag. I still have the second one. I like it, very accurate and reliable. They are BIG and pretty heavy. Unless you are hunting with one, they are kind of a novelty gun. Not really good for much, but a fun range gun.
    +1

And great for when the zombies attack. Not practical, at all, but fun.

MinuteMan47

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 15, 2009
    IN
    $850....?

Sounds like you're buying a replica.

"The fact that you've got a replica, and the fact that mine says Desert Eagle Five point oh on the side, should make your balls shrink a bit."

Come on man, it's from a movie... ;)

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Whats your opinion on both and the whats the differences (there hard to find info on because of all the video games) they both look still new

I have one in .50AE and paid $900 used about 2 years ago. I think $850 is fair, but if he's had them that long, you might be able to talk him down.

The pistol is huge and heavy (I don't mind that) but about every 4th or 5th ejected case pops me right in the forehead. Its like getting smacked with a June bug at 90 mph on a bike. I don't shoot it much just because of that. It feeds and functions flawlessly and I haven't had any problems with mine. I know one other fellow who has one in .44 mag and he loves his.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    Buy a nice S&W .357, and then your friends won't laugh at you for spending that much ($850) on a crew served handgun!...... "didn't say I didn't know how to use 'em, I said I never had much use for 'em"...Matthew Quigley

tgallmey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    New Haven
    What is a Mark II?
    I think there is some confusion there.
    I only recall something like the Mark VII, a Mark XIX, and the original.
    The original didn't have a Mark anything because they hadn't considered further generations yet.

Check this page out for more info.

Desert Eagle Pistol - How to identify the model?

There is a lot of other information on that page if you click around a bit.

The tag said MK II lol i never heard of that either maybe he meant MK I

Knuckle Head

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    NWI
    $850....?

Sounds like you're buying a replica.

"The fact that you've got a replica, and the fact that mine says Desert Eagle Five point oh on the side, should make your balls shrink a bit."

Come on man, it's from a movie... ;)

"SNATCH!".......the movie is called "SNATCH," and Bullet Tooth Tony is the only guy that can pull off a concealed carry with a DE.50 :D.(I love that movie.)

re: OP, Gunbroker has a DE .357 currently bidding at $725 and another at $800, both are used.....hope this helps if you're still set on buying one.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I carry mine in a shoulder holster that had W I D E straps on it.
    It's some rig I got from Uncle Mikes in the 80's but it works well.
    Think of Desert Eagles like a Gibson Les Paul guitar.
    You need the proper strap if you are going to play one. :)

For EDC a Desert Eagle is totally impractical.
    But for hunting, with their inherent accuracy, they are ideal IMHO.

Top Bottom