• ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Newbie Corner

The first time buying a gun can be intimidating and overwhelming. Have one display case with a variety of basic guns for a newbie to consider. Pick a dozen guns you would recommend a newbie consider, a couple revolvers, semi-autos, full size, concealable, a few common brands. A salesman that can spend some time educating, answering questions, narrowing choices to match needs and desires. Then move onto the full case of the desired style. And of course ultimately sell an appropriate first gun because after all you are in business to make money and sell guns.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Small hole in the wall where I can sit and do transfers for people all day every day.

If any stock at all....Cheap guns sell so Marlin 60's , high points, ep9, pump shotguns, PSA kits, PSA parts, Foxtrot Mike uppers/ lowers. Small selection of Primary Arms stuff.

Bulk only ammo in 22lr, 9mm, 223, 12ga.

I'm into lots of other stuff so lawn mowers, trailers, maybe a random boat, motorcycle for sale out front. Along with tobacco pipes, fishing gear, tools and other "guy stuff" would come and go in the small shop.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Small hole in the wall where I can sit and do transfers for people all day every day.

If any stock at all....Cheap guns sell so Marlin 60's , high points, ep9, pump shotguns, PSA kits, PSA parts, Foxtrot Mike uppers/ lowers. Small selection of Primary Arms stuff.

I'm into lots of other stuff so lawn mowers, trailers, maybe a random boat, motorcycle for sale out front. Along with tobacco pipes, fishing gear, tools and other "guy stuff" would come and go in the small shop.

Sounds more like a retail only version of a pawn shop lol

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My dream gun store would:

Be priced 20% below MSRP.

Offer a discount for credit card use.

Hire mind reader employees that know when you need help and when to leave you alone.

Emploees will know the perfect gun for each customer and will make sure eavesdropping customers nearby agree.

Have every gun imaginable on the rack, including dozens of the latest greatest guns at discount.

If the item is in high demand they will expect you want one and will save one back for you

I think that is most of it but may remember something to add...

I want to add have a gunsmith on staff that you want to be your best friend and will fix your stuff free...

sharpetop

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008

This sounds like the FFL holder where I have my firearms shipped when purchased online!

He does transfers regularly, has "zero" firearm or ammo inventory, but will order anything, does have new and used lawnmowers, chainsaws, weedeaters, trailers, ATVs, etc.

Top Bottom