• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    Besides losing weight, exercising, and cutting out sugar & carbs, I STRONGLY SUGGEST a cinnamon pill, and an apple cider vinegar pill after every meal. I saw INSTANT results in my blood sugar levels when I started taking these all natural supplements.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I decided to not wait to be diagnosed with it, so I started exercising and cut back on sugars almost a year ago. I feel better and have lost around 15 lbs so far. I wasn't really fat, just had some excess to get rid of. I've always eaten pretty well, but have been eating better. I plan to get down to around 160 (just over 170 now) and to continue exercising, hopefully adding more to the mix over time. Most of my family don't have the big D, but they've also had very active lifestyles, where mine has always been pretty sedentary. Hoping if I keep this up I avoid the D and am healthier overall

KMaC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 4, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Besides losing weight, exercising, and cutting out sugar & carbs, I STRONGLY SUGGEST a cinnamon pill, and an apple cider vinegar pill after every meal. I saw INSTANT results in my blood sugar levels when I started taking these all natural supplements.

Thanks for the tip, I've never heard of this. I discovered I was pre-diabetic 18 months ago and have been controlling it with exercise and diet. But if a couple of pills a day could get me back to an occasional bowl of ice cream, I'm in. Went straight to Amazon and ordered some.

radar8756

Works for Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   1
    Sep 21, 2010
    Westville, IN
    Type 2 since Jan 2000 ... A1C's between 12.3 and current 7.8

Tried all the regular meds - Metformin - Actos - Byetta - Novolog - Levemir - Januvia - Invokana - Trulicity - Humulin R500 - Jardiance ...

Only ones still working : Humulin R500 (~600 units/day) - Metformin - Jardiance

One of the differences between Type 1 & Type 2 -- is if the Pancreas can still produce Insulin ... and how much - when it wears out you WILL be on Insulin

One of my Endocrinologist told me that if people lived long enough for the Pancreas to Fail -- we would ALL be Diabetic (prob why half my Diabetic Education classmates were over 70 )

FYI ... the Needles for the Insulin hurt LESS than the Fingersticks for testing

JHB

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2016
    Columbus
    (FYI ... the Needles for the Insulin hurt LESS than the Fingersticks for testing)

Most of the time I don't feel them. When they draw blood hurts more than the finger stick.

Dutchisaurus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 30, 2020
    US
    Welp looks like all the avoiding diabetes things gave the beetus. I've got a consult in with the endocrinologist and a bottle of glipizide.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Seyboldbryan
    Top Bottom