• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I know there's an endless debate about calibers for handguns and pros to consolidation of ammo types, etc.

Even with all of that, I love my LCP so much that I didn't mind adding 380 to my necessary calibers. I like the size, the finish, and comfort of it as a carry pistol.

However, now that Diamondback has come out with the apparently very small 9mm version, I've been thinking a lot about it.

I haven't seen one in person, and I had heard that the original 380 version had some problems which I also heard had the bugs worked out for subsequent models.

Anyone have one of these 9mm versions? What do you think?

Also, if you have the 380 version how have they functioned? If not well, did you use the service department?

Thanks for the thoughts and persepctives...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I have a DB9 and I had issues the first couple of times at the range. First, it would not load the Hornady HP rounds at all (https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/155617-diamondback_9_db9_aar.html). Next, I ran it against Fenway's Kahr and it had a few FTE's. Since that day, I have ran HP's and everything else I can find through it and have not had one issue. I guess it needed a break-in period, but overall I like the gun; however, it's a bit too thin for my hands. I'll be looking for another ankle gun very soon.

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I have a DB9 and I had issues the first couple of times at the range. First, it would not load the Hornady HP rounds at all (https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/handguns/155617-diamondback_9_db9_aar.html). Next, I ran it against Fenway's Kahr and it had a few FTE's. Since that day, I have ran HP's and everything else I can find through it and have not had one issue. I guess it needed a break-in period, but overall I like the gun; however, it's a bit too thin for my hands. I'll be looking for another ankle gun very soon.

You know you want a CM9!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In

Any excuse will do I guess ... :): You just have trade fever.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington

Que have you looked into the Hogue HandAll Jr? did wonders for my PF9.

Hogue, Inc. | www.getgrip.com | The finest gun grips, rifle stocks and accessories

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Trade you my P11 :)

But to the OP, there are a few people on this forum who had some issues with the 380 and sent them back and everything was worked out. I hear their service department is great.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    ...however, it's a bit too thin for my hands. I'll be looking for another ankle gun very soon.

I was playing with both a DB and a LC9 at the store yesterday and thought the same thing. The grips are just too thin. They could beef them up a little without adding any real weight and make it much more comfortable.

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    Not to be critical but isnt the idea of the DB9 to be the smallest thinnest 9 available. I had the DB380 and loved it for how thin it was. I could tuck it in an Uncle George wallet holster and forget about it being there. With that being said, it did take a little shooting to be comfortable with the tiny little bugger. For its intended purpose it fits the bill very well and for those that prefer larger frames there is plenty of add on options available. I decided I wanted to go with a larger caliber so I sold the DB380. I had intended to get the DB9 but in these early stages after it has been released I have heard just too many issues (outside of the A+ review videos done by prerelease models given to reviewers that high views on thier reviews). I am sure in time they will get the bugs worked out and I may venture to get one. I picked up a PM40 to get me by until I find something that fits the pocket bill.

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I had a DB380 and enjoyed shooting it. The pistol looks good and is very accurate. Unfortunately, it would not last more than a 100-150 rounds and something would break. I had trigger springs break on my twice and each time customer service was excellent. However, I just could not trust the pistol with my life so I sold it and got a Kahr P380 which has been a work horse.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    DSCN6725.jpg

IMG_0646.jpg

I've been really happy with my DB380, but I did have to send the first one back. It was an early run serial number and they replaced it with one that had had a lot of the bugs worked out and it's been flawless ever since. The only ammo I haven't been able to get it to eat is the Hornady Critical Defense. I've handled the DB9 in a shop and would probably consider getting one eventually once other people have done the Beta testing ;).

Beta is Latin for "still doesn't work yet". :):

swebb

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008

A grip sleeve like the Hogue Handall Jr. might help with the "too thin" problem.

Top Bottom