• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    didnt want to start a new thread on this gun but wanted to post my my thoughts on this gun after putting couple hundred rounds through it. ive only shot hornady critical defense 115g bullets throught it but have not had a single issue with it thus far. I bought my gun used for $200 and could not be more happier with the purchase.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    didnt want to start a new thread on this gun but wanted to post my my thoughts on this gun after putting couple hundred rounds through it. ive only shot hornady critical defense 115g bullets throught it but have not had a single issue with it thus far. I bought my gun used for $200 and could not be more happier with the purchase.

It's 50/50 on reliability with most folks I've talked to that have first hand experience. I've went with the shield 9mm and it's been rockin for 2yrs now without issue. I wouldn't consider it a true pocket 9 though. If I take the clip off my DeSantis sof tuk I can slip it in the front pocket of my dress pants but for the trained eye it's not concealed

DSmith78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2012
    Indiana
    yeah ive read alot of bad about the guns but wanted to post my findings on it. Ive found that more people only post bad reviews then take the time for good so I dont usually go by what i read online. long story short i wont be afraid to carry it as a pocket gun in summertime, while it WILL NOT be a replacement for my xds or glock

MohawkSlim

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2015
    firing line
    they are on a fine line with engineering and physics for a recoil actuated semi auto.
    I sell these guns at the shop. ($250 cash, OTD if anyone's looking for one.) We recently had a regular customer come in and buy one. He's one of the "I'll take this one this week." kind of guys and he bought the DB9 for his girlfriend. Both of them are 5' nuthin and 120lbs. Both of them had issues with this gun. He traded it back in.

The majority of customers looking for little guns like this come in thinking it's going to be fun to shoot these cute little guns. I try my best to explain to them the difference between a carry gun - especially a pocket gun - and a range gun. "This isn't going to be fun to shoot. It's going to hurt your hands. If you want to shoot, buy this other one instead. This little gun is only to carry and possibly use to save your life." Sometimes they believe me, sometimes they don't. When they don't, they usually come back in a few weeks later offering up their cute little gun for trade.

If you're looking at this gun just be honest with yourself about its capabilities and what you'll be using it for. If you do that, you may be satisfied with what is, arguably, the best value in a little pocket 9.

LEGSHOW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    crown point
    I have had one for a year now and I love it. Others are very correct about the 3 pins correcting previous issues. Used to carry a G27 that I still have. DB9 looks like a small glock.
    Over 150 rounds through it no issues. Very light great pocket gun. I use a Sneaky Pete holster for dress pants. That small gun looks like a cell phone in that.
    $240 at Buds.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I have had one for a year now and I love it. Others are very correct about the 3 pins correcting previous issues. Used to carry a G27 that I still have. DB9 looks like a small glock.
    Over 150 rounds through it no issues. Very light great pocket gun. I use a Sneaky Pete holster for dress pants. That small gun looks like a cell phone in that.
    $240 at Buds.

I'd put more than 150 rounds through a gun that has a history of reliability issues before trusting it to go bang In a life/death situation

Top Bottom