• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mustang380gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Ohio's Amish Country
    Well she just shot herself in the foot, figuratively speaking, on this one. By throwing a hail mary and going more restrictive, there's not a chance in hell this will make it through the house. If she thinks she can get 218 Republicans in the House to implement a ban more restrictive than Massachusetts law, she's certifiably nuts.

Better yet, if she thinks John Boehner is going to risk his speakership and possibly his place in congress by allowing any Senate bill with this language to be sent to any committee for any consideration, she's just even more nuts. She knows this will go nowhere, this is just a play to her CA constituents.
    Oh, I believe she may be nuts, but even if the House votes against this, I can easily see Obama signing it as an Executive Order. Heck, he just un-froze the pay freeze for federal employees by EO, giving Biden and Congress raises. That was rightfully Congress' job.

This ban legislation has me seriously worried.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    NEVER presume that you know what Congress will do!!
    Those of us who opposed GCA 68 when it was proposed were assured that it wouldn't pass with the onerous restrictions that it contained.
    We were lied to!!

That's correct and is a good reason to keep contacting Senators and Representatives until we get through this. Turn the TV off once in a while and stop dreaming about fantasy football and send letters, emails, and call your Senators and Representative. Make sure they know you are not forgetting about this.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    Oh, I believe she may be nuts, but even if the House votes against this, I can easily see Obama signing it as an Executive Order. Heck, he just un-froze the pay freeze for federal employees by EO, giving Biden and Congress raises. That was rightfully Congress' job.

This ban legislation has me seriously worried.

If it is signed as an executive order there will be many lawsuits, to the Supreme Court if necessary, to neuter the executive order.

Yodes

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Noble County
    I sent out another massive round of letters this morning myself. I'm beginning to think that Feinstein and her co-horts have to be communists. Maybe CNN stands for Communist News Network!!

I urge EVERY INGO member to write, call, fax and email their state and federal officials. We CANNOT allow our futures and that of our children to be controlled by this crazy woman and her soccer mom followers who've probably never even seen a real firearm... little lone used one!

She's not quite a commie yet, first she has to turn U.S.A. into a fascist police state after disarming us, then eventually she gets to communism.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    NEVER presume that you know what Congress will do!!
    Those of us who opposed GCA 68 when it was proposed were assured that it wouldn't pass with the onerous restrictions that it contained.
    We were lied to!!

If everybody hasn't already, you should be contacting your legislators to let them know you oppose any of the so-called "common sense" gun law "reforms" being bandied about of late. They need to feel greater pressure from their constituents than what they're feeling from the press and their anti-gun peers.

You cannot depend on the NRA A rating your guy/gal may have gotten to prevent them from becoming wobbly on something as "reasonable" as limiting mags to 10 rounds.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    She's not quite a commie yet, first she has to turn U.S.A. into a fascist police state after disarming us, then eventually she gets to communism.

Lets say that she were to create a feminist utopia, a police state where men would have no right. What keeps the military then from taking over? Does she really think that she could control the military?

At some point those with guns would take power. No cop or military personnel would put up with such idiots in power.

JWAS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Aug 22, 2011
    Dayton
    Sent, here is what I wrote....

I am contacting you concerning Senator Feinstein's proposed "Assault Weapon Ban". I am very saddened to see our second amendment be attacked in such a way. Any bill that would include ANY of these proposed regulations on firearms CANNOT become law. The second amendment is not there for hunting and sporting. While I enjoy both of those things, the purpose of the second amendment is to allow the COMMON citizen in this country the right to self defense. Self defense not only from those who wish to cause me or my family harm, but also from a tyrannic government.
    This bill, or anything created due to "negotiations" of this bill, will do nothing to stop criminals or the mentally ill from committing such horrific and tragic events like those that happened at Sandy Hook. All it will do is hinder the ability of the COMMON United States citizen to provide adequate self defense from those who wish to cause us harm.
    Please, do not vote for anything that resembles this bill. I also encourage you to invite others to refuse anything that resembles this bill.
    Thank you for your time and once again, please do not allow anything like this bill to come into existence. All these types of laws do is hurt us law abiding citizens and give criminals and tyrants more opportunities to destroy us.
    Thank you.

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I absolutely LOVE this proposal.
    Why? Because it doesn't have a snowball's chance in hell of being passed.

It won't as long as we make sure it doesn't! in the wake of everything going on, the sheep are panicky... we don't stop it, no one else will! Call, mail, email post/tweet your reps, hell contact all of them!!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    Well she just shot herself in the foot, figuratively speaking, on this one. By throwing a hail mary and going more restrictive, there's not a chance in hell this will make it through the house. If she thinks she can get 218 Republicans in the House to implement a ban more restrictive than Massachusetts law, she's certifiably nuts.

Better yet, if she thinks John Boehner is going to risk his speakership and possibly his place in congress by allowing any Senate bill with this language to be sent to any committee for any consideration, she's just even more nuts. She knows this will go nowhere, this is just a play to her CA constituents.

I'm sure she knows it won't pass the way it is written... but that just makes it easier to pass a "compromise" bill.. say no AR15's and no mags over 10 rounds... still doesn't sound so good does it? The way we can make sure this doesn't happen? Call, write, email, post/tweet your reps!!! tell them that this sort of encroachment on our rights will no longer be tolerated!!!

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    I don't think there's any chance this will pass the Republican House. This type of thing comes up every few years. I cannot see in the next two years any significant legislation. The great increase in price of ARs is going to big bubble. I would not be buying into this bubble

Well just to make sure and since you have free time since you aren't buying ;) you can use that extra time to Call, write, email and post/tweet your reps to make sure it doesn't happen.

wpframe01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    While I'm sure that Feinstein would love to have all of this, realistically speaking, this is just her starting point. In particular, the provisions applying to handguns and shotguns are more than likely just "bargaining chips" that she can use to attempt to divide gun owners, and to bargain away in order to appear "reasonable." Just think - after a hard fight, she agrees to drop shotguns, then handguns, from the bill "in the spirit of compromise." The natural tendency for those groups who DON'T own "evil black rifles," by her thinking anyway, will be to relax, now that "our" guns are safe (for now). Plus, she is able to say, "look what I've given up, they HAVE to accept the rest."

Of course, we all know that if we fall for this, handguns and shotguns will be back on the list, either by EO, or by another bill in the next session "in order to close the "loophole."

We can't allow this to happen. We have to stand strong, and stand united, or, as the saying goes, we shall most assuredly hang separately.

kjf48197

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 28, 2012
    Indy south side
    ALL OF US need to be contacting our representatives in congress to let our voices be heard!!! This is an all out assault on the Constitution of the United States and we must treat it as such!

Find your rep The United States House of Representatives · House.gov
    Find your Senator U.S. Senate: Senators Home

Email them, call them, write them... we need to flood our members of congress to let them know that this violation will not be tolerated!

The time for action is now... we cannot sit idly by and watch the rest of our freedoms be taken from us!
    Already done.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    This is an outrage, I'll die before i give up my rights.. come knock on my door, ill knock right back..

One gun owner at a time they could take you out. Organize into groups with a command structure and they have a lot more work. The Gangs do, why not you? Or is the real problem that you are such a loner that you have never learned to "play well with others"? Or how to work in teams?

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    One gun owner at a time they could take you out. Organize into groups with a command structure and they have a lot more work. The Gangs do, why not you? Or is the real problem that you are such a loner that you have never learned to "play well with others"? Or how to work in teams?

Trooper, I see the point and logic in your post, however it is bordering on one of those topics "best not discussed on a public forum over the Internet"...

I do understand your reasoning, and I agree.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

You overlooked an even bigger problem: Most responsible citizens work for a living which absorbs a significant amount of time that they don't spend congregating with their friends.

Top Bottom