0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus

KW730

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2012
    The second amendment is supposed to prevent government from disarming its citizens as well, and we see how well that works.

As for the meaning of this act, it mandates a state run militia that is also a part of the army reserves. I don't understand what this has to do with taking guns from people.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    You prevent the government from disarming you thanks to the rights granted to you through the constitution.

What part of this is so hard for people to understand? That it may require some effort on their part?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    You prevent the government from disarming you thanks to the rights granted to you through the constitution.

What part of this is so hard for people to understand? That it may require some effort on their part?

We have the rights... the Constitution and the Amendments/Bill of Rights document them.

BigShow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Well I have read where anti gunners bring up the well regulated militia part of the 2nd and say that part of the 2nd calls for strict gun control. HR 11654 talks about the unregulated militia which would be private citizens like myself not in a militia of any type.

z96Cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Southeast Indiana

Our rights aren't granted to us through the Constitution, our rights are "granted" by our Creator. The Constitution is there to tell the government what it/they can/cannot do.

z96Cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Southeast Indiana
    Well I have read where anti gunners bring up the well regulated militia part of the 2nd and say that part of the 2nd calls for strict gun control. HR 11654 talks about the unregulated militia which would be private citizens like myself not in a militia of any type.

Well Regulated had a much different meaning back when our Constitution & Bill of Rights were written. Back then, "well regulated" meant properly trained or disciplined. As for the Militia, us citizens are the Militia. All able bodied men between 17 and (IIRC) 45, and not part of a State/National Guard, are the militia.

I've read that many researchers believe that "A well-regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state", is the pre-amble to the right, and "the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed." enumerates the right. I usually hate studying history, but learning about The Constitution (and how it's been perverted) is pretty cool. We were never taught (at my school anyway) anything in-depth about the Constitution or Bill of Rights. We just had the learn/memorize the Amendments for tests.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Don't trust Wikipedia

Do the research yourself, Wikipedia is not reliable. Any one can add to it what ever they want. They have people who are supposed to keep checking on things posted to it but it is totally unreliable. And is unacceptable as valid reference for any type of research in college and other places you need reliable information. Not a bad place to go for general information but not reliable.

And BTW z96Cobra History can be fun and is important to know, thus my tag line!

Top Bottom