• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I think Lugar is showing his senility. The man needs to be put in an institution to protect the public from him.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I'm betting you guys just saw "Democrat," and that's all you needed to see. How about you find out who the person is (Michelle Nunn), look at her policies, and then pass judgement.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm betting you guys just saw "Democrat," and that's all you needed to see. How about you find out who the person is (Michelle Nunn), look at her policies, and then pass judgement.

If Lugar is for her, then we know she'll be anti-gun and a slavering running dog for the Obama administration, so you should love her also.

"Today, First Lady Michelle Obama was the keynote speaker at an event in New York City to raise money for Michelle Nunn and other Democrat candidates for the U.S. Senate.Mrs. Obama made it clear that President Obama needs Michelle Nunn and other Democrat allies elected so they can support his agenda, including ObamaCare. She urged the audience to remember that ObamaCare is,"important legislation that was passed by having a Democrat majority in Congress." She also pressed the effort to revive '...gun legislation that so many of us feel so strongly about. Sadly as you know, that bill failed.'"

http://www.nraila.org/nunn

Last edited:

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI

That's all I have to see. If you are a Dem, that means you support Obama. Nuff said..

Tsigos

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2012
    On the Affordable Care Act, also known as ObamaCare: "It's difficult for small businesses. I think there are things that are not working with ACA. That's something that needs to be changed," she said. But Nunn's emphasis was on fixing health care reform, not eliminating it. She also pointed out that, by rejecting an expansion of Medicaid under the new law, Georgia was depriving 25,000 veterans of health care coverage.
    Source: Jim Galloway in Atlanta Journal-Constitution , Jul 22, 2013

Q: Do you favor renewing the ban on assault weapons?
    NUNN: I respect the Second Amendment. I have a longstanding heritage of hunters. My mom still carries the 20-gauge that her mother gave her. I have a 10-year-old son now who likes to hunt. What I am for, and what most people are for, are background checks for criminals and terrorists, and for those who are mentally unstable. I think that's common ground that we can all agree upon. I think that's what I would be standing for.
    Q: Assault weapons ban, yes or no?
    NUNN: It has been hard to really measure its success, and it has not necessarily reduced violence. And I just don't think it's on the table right now.
    Source: Jim Galloway in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution , Jul 24, 2013

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    She is a DEM. that would be surrounded by dem's. that would eventually hold sway over her in key voting areas. She is a Dem. dam-it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    If Lugar is for her, then we know she'll be anti-gun and a slavering running dog for the Obama administration, so you should love her also.

"Today, First Lady Michelle Obama was the keynote speaker at an event in New York City to raise money for Michelle Nunn and other Democrat candidates for the U.S. Senate.Mrs. Obama made it clear that President Obama needs Michelle Nunn and other Democrat allies elected so they can support his agenda, including ObamaCare. She urged the audience to remember that ObamaCare is,"important legislation that was passed by having a Democrat majority in Congress." She also pressed the effort to revive '...gun legislation that so many of us feel so strongly about. Sadly as you know, that bill failed.'"

NRA-ILA | Nunn

Nope, Home Place, once again you're wrong. I supported neither Lugar or Barry O. But I have voted for Democrats before, and I'm confident I will again. I take a candidate's record into account, rather than being a mindless patsy and voting based on the letter behind a person's name.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I think Lugar went the way of my OLD friend. I thought the world of the guy but as he hit that 85 yr mark his thinking became muddled, and though for the most part he was still in charge of his thinking, I saw evidence of his mind leaving him and he got a bit nuts. I hated having to remind him that he needed pants on to go to the store.
    Lugar needs pants.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I think Lugar went the way of my OLD friend. I thought the world of the guy but as he hit that 85 yr mark his thinking became muddled, and though for the most part he was still in charge of his thinking, I saw evidence of his mind leaving him and he got a bit nuts. I hated having to remind him that he needed pants on to go to the store.
    Lugar needs pants.

He voted FOR the assault weapons ban in 1994, and Coats said he convinced him to vote for it too. That was 20 years ago. Lugar went that way a long, long time ago.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I supported neither Lugar or Barry O. But I have voted for Democrats before, and I'm confident I will again. I take a candidate's record into account, rather than being a mindless patsy and voting based on the letter behind a person's name.

Obviously you did a LOAD of research on Ms. Nunn before jumping to her defense. Must be as reliable as most of your "information.":rolleyes:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Obviously you did a LOAD of research on Ms. Nunn before jumping to her defense. Must be as reliable as most of your "information.":rolleyes:

Asking that a person be judged on their policies and merits is jumping to their defense? Ok, call me guilty.

calum

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    N.Central Indiana
    On the Affordable Care Act, also known as ObamaCare: "It's difficult for small businesses. I think there are things that are not working with ACA. That's something that needs to be changed," she said. But Nunn's emphasis was on fixing health care reform, not eliminating it. She also pointed out that, by rejecting an expansion of Medicaid under the new law, Georgia was depriving 25,000 veterans of health care coverage.
    Source: Jim Galloway in Atlanta Journal-Constitution , Jul 22, 2013

Q: Do you favor renewing the ban on assault weapons?
    NUNN: I respect the Second Amendment. I have a longstanding heritage of hunters. My mom still carries the 20-gauge that her mother gave her. I have a 10-year-old son now who likes to hunt. What I am for, and what most people are for, are background checks for criminals and terrorists, and for those who are mentally unstable. I think that's common ground that we can all agree upon. I think that's what I would be standing for.
    Q: Assault weapons ban, yes or no?
    NUNN: It has been hard to really measure its success, and it has not necessarily reduced violence. And I just don't think it's on the table right now.
    Source: Jim Galloway in The Atlanta Journal-Constitution , Jul 24, 2013

Is this supposed to be a DEFENSE of Nunn? It's another typical non-answer by a Democrat trying to get elected in a largely conservative state. The "common ground" she claims we all agree on is really not common ground at all. "Background checks" is a stepping stone to registration, and ultimately confiscation. And to say that another "assault weapons" ban isn't on the table is vastly at odds with what she's saying elsewhere, and really a complete dodge.

She'll be with Obama ( or any other democrat) 100% on whatever gun control scheme he rolls out. No surprise that senile ol' Dick Luger is supporting her.

Top Bottom