• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Since I don't need sports bras and stuff from an overpriced but small selection of camping goods, I rarely shop at Dick's. Only when I need overpriced golf apparel for the kid. But I can get that elsewhere.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Since I don't need sports bras and stuff from an overpriced but small selection of camping goods, I rarely shop at Dick's. Only when I need overpriced golf apparel for the kid. But I can get that elsewhere.

Speak for yourself... :(

yerzd2u.jpg

jt1975

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 18, 2010
    Whiteland
    Can't remember the last time I was in Dicks or even wanted to go there. I always like Galyans, even Gander Mountain at times, but those are both gone.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Gander mountain was just as bad as dicks with their prices.

But I found their store 10X more useful than Dicks, and occasionally they would run some pretty good sales. Got an LCP and my Bodyguard 380 from there. But Dicks, that place is just garbage. I think the two boxes of .38 is the only money I've ever spent there and they tried to screw me outta the sale price.

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Ironically, Dick's sent me an e-mail today stating they haven't seen me in a while shopping online or some BS like that and offered me 10% off. So on the e-mail I clicked the link for Customer Service and told them I wasn't shopping with them anymore because of their CEO's comments and new rules. They very quickly e-mailed me back a nice reply that they would take my comments under consideration and that they were tracking the displeasure of us gun owners. But they addressed the e-mail only to me and I didn't sign it. My e-mail that I sent it from is a joint e-mail from my wife & I and it says at the bottom of the e-mail from me and my wife (our names). The Customer Service Rep assumed because it was a gun owner it was me, the husband's comment. The wife also wanted me to send the e-mail so I re-replied to Dicks Customer Service and said for the record that comment was from both the Mr. & Mrs., not just the Mr. Then signed it" Remember: Guns are for Girls too" on behalf of the wife. Guess that's why the store is called Dick's - they think only men shop there.:)

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

Since they intentionally destroyed them, they should not be able to claim them on taxes as a loss.

Also, what a useless gesture.
    If there were NO MORE guns being made, this might make a difference. Maybe. Because we all know if they made guns 200 years ago, they can make them now in a garage.

But, since we are manufacturing guns EVERY day, this is just a gesture for publicity.
    Of course, the message I received is that they are raving lunatics.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Since they intentionally destroyed them, they should not be able to claim them on taxes as a loss.

Businesses scrap inventory all the time. That is intentionally destroying it. Its a valid tax deduction. Just like its a valid tax deduction for them to include the cost of the inventory as a deduction when they sell the product. THE difference is this is an actual cost for them with no revenue.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Finally gun owners reacted to Dick's antigun policies. Took long enough.

Keep an eye out for their next batch of loss leader sales on .22 LR to see if we eat our own again...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Finally gun owners reacted to Dick's antigun policies. Took long enough.

Keep an eye out for their next batch of loss leader sales on .22 LR to see if we eat our own again...

I have plenty of 22, but am not above buying from them when I know they are losing money on it. (Loss leaders/break evens are the only time I shop there anyway)

Top Bottom