• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    Went to Dick's yesterday, planning to buy a Smith and Wesson M&P15, which last week they had in stock. Had a cart full of other stuff when I walked up to gun counter, I did not see one, or any other "modern sporting rifle". I asked why, they didn't really want to answer so I said this is because of the school shooting and they agreed. I politely let them know that I will never spend another dime at a Dick's store and left me shopping cart right there.

Anybody seeing other stores volutarily submitting to gun control?

Giddaltti

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 22, 2012
    Carmel, IN.
    I visited Dicks and even the employees were talking among themselves about the sporting rifles being removed. I dont think they were given enough info to understand why the sporting rifles were removed.

On another note this should help the LGS hope to visit one today. Dicks is retail store, I deserve to buy and speak with a true firearms expert at a LGS.

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Being a business owner myself, I see why the chain stores pulled the sporting rifles. You have to look at the bottom line and individual item sales figures. If cutting one segment of your business to preserve the health of the rest makes sense then make the cut.
    The sporting rifle crowd and the amount of business that group brings to the stores is like the tail trying to wag the dog.
    Bad rep or siding with what seems to be the "bad guys" can do a whole lot of damage to the bottom line on the balance sheet.
    Being proactive and removing sporting rifles from the shelves just made good business sense to the retailers. Why alienate the majority of your customer base to please a few?
    I am betting if the ban does not happen then the sporting rifles will suddenly appear again in the racks at the stores.
    Again, I am putting my common sense and 35 years of business ownership into this explanation.

Top Bottom