• Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Believe it or not.
    I stopped in this afternoon just because I was in the neighborhood and had a little time to kill. Thought I would see if they had any ammo (they did not) but I jokingly asked a clerk if they'd seen anything like a Ruger 10/22 lately.

The clerks eyes opened up and he said, "well yes, as a matter of fact, I think we have one in the back." He said they got one in last week and someone said they would buy it within hours of it hitting the shelf.
    The buyer was delayed, for whatever reason, so was told to return in a couple of days.
    Clerk said the guy came back a couple of days later, and they were in the middle of the background check when the buyer said, "never mind, I changed my mind, I don't want it now.

I asked what model it was and he said your basic plain-jane 10/22. Blued barrel and receiver, wood stock, one 10 round mag...

I asked how much. The clerk said $229!

I've been looking on Armslist, on here, on Gunbroker, Davison's Gun Genie...
    If you can find a 10/22 right now, seems everyone wants $400+ for even the most basic model. I saw one ad that actually said, "like new in Box- only 1000 rounds down the barrel... ONLY $365!

Soooo.....
    +1 to Dick's for not gouging like it seems everyone else is.

Punkinhead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2012
    I've had good luck at Dick's for some of the more run of the mill stuff. I've bought a couple 10/22's, a Remington 700, and 2 Henry's from them at competitive prices. They also have cheap ammo every now and then - I've done well there on .223 a few times.

On another note, I stopped at a Gas America for a fill up and a cup of coffee today and the clerk said they didn't have any AR's and had no intention of selling them, so I'll be boycotting them in the future.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Question

On another note, I stopped at a Gas America for a fill up and a cup of coffee today and the clerk said they didn't have any AR's and had no intention of selling them, so I'll be boycotting them in the future.

Did you pick that name yourself? :D

Dick's would have had to come out and flag me down in the mall and given me that 10/22. I would have taken it but would have never told anybody it came from them. Good price or not, I'm done with Dick's.

SpyderRick

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Greenwood
    I have to say I am also done with them but I did stop in there this evening for the first time since CT event and they had no handgun ammo at all. Was a couple guys looking at a few rifles.
    This was the greenwood store

rw65hdd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    Niles
    Never going to shop there again. If my kid needs a glove or bat, we will drive much farther to purchase somewhere else just so we don't have to go in there. I hope they go out of business, really I do. I hate for anyone to loose their job but that place does not stand up for us and I will not stand up for them. This was their choice not mine. If they can keep the doors open just selling yoga pants to libs that is great and I am sure they won't miss my purchases of guns, ammo, fishing rods, lures and electronics along with hunting boots plus my kids sporting needs. I used to shop at Dick's alot but no more. I have some local shops that I would rather support anyway. I did email them direct with my feelings with no response from them.

Top Bottom