• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    A letter saying that the census will be coming in the mail in about a week came today. I've seen countless ads on TV and the radio, yet they decide it's a good use of money to send you a letter saying the census is coming?:ugh:

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    A letter saying that the census will be coming in the mail in about a week came today. I've seen countless ads on TV and the radio, yet they decide it's a good use of money to send you a letter saying the census is coming?:ugh:

I got one as well. And all I could think was, just as expected, wasting more tax payer money. Gee.

abomb86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Got one at our house too, dont understand how a government so set on saving the enviroment wastes so much paper...

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN
    I'd like to know exactly how much of OUR money was wasted delivering those worthless letters. (I got one too.)
    My son is a Mail Carrier and was mandated to work overtime to deliver that crap.
    Oh Yeah.
    How many trees do you suppose were wasted by the Govt to deliver the notices. I'll bet the "Tree Huggers" will have a conniption when they figure it out.
    Mike

abomb86

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    I wish the current administration was as good at running the country as they are making people ignore obvious facts...

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne

:+1: yep we got one too. sure doesnt make much sense

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well it benifits our state so I hope you all fill it out and send them in. Seeing that they only do it once every decade I can understand why they would send a reminder letter because I definitely DO NOT want to live in a state that is not funded its fair share of money.

In the end we will benifit from it so I'm going to fill it out next week when it gets delivered.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Well it benifits our state so I hope you all fill it out and send them in. Seeing that they only do it once every decade I can understand why they would send a reminder letter because I definitely DO NOT want to live in a state that is not funded its fair share of money.

In the end we will benifit from it so I'm going to fill it out next week when it gets delivered.

Rather than sending our money to the fed and letting them redistribute it, why don't we keep our money here?

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    Sounds like plenty got it, more than likely 1 per address in the state. The extra notice may have been some kind of stimulus to the postal service.

Now, who is only going to fill in how many adults/children live in the house?
    I'm thinking of giving # of people and religions. 2 adults, 1 Pagan & 1 Pastafarian. I've never filled out a census so I have no idea what other questions might appear on it, and how those other questions would help disperse federal (our own) money back to us.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica

Yeah... benefits galore... more teachers and more desks, right? I heard that commercial too. :puke:

The real use of the census is to amass updated demographic data so the Federal Government can redraw the political districts within the states, to promote favorable elections the ruling party.

All that, and it is an easy (and unconstitutional) way to collect & catalog private information about US Citizens.

But scare people about "not getting their fair share" of Federal intrusion and look what our formerly free citizens turn into.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    Got it yesterday also. Just send the damn form idiots, I don't need a form telling me you're sending a form.

wmitchell

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    Franklin, In
    Yea I got the same letter too. Aside from the obvious waste of money in postage and paper, what is the damn deal with five different languages at the bottom of the page? Since this is the USA and the official language is ENGLISH (or I thought it was), get those damn chicken scratches off the bottom of the page. In my opinion, if someone dosen't understand english then they're probably not a legit. tax paying citizen. If you pay taxes and have a social security number, then the feds already know who you are and how many of us there are.
    Sorry for the rant of a dumb rural white boy from IN.:twocents::xmad:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Yea I got the same letter too. Aside from the obvious waste of money in postage and paper, what is the damn deal with five different languages at the bottom of the page? Since this is the USA and the official language is ENGLISH (or I thought it was), get those damn chicken scratches off the bottom of the page. In my opinion, if someone dosen't understand english then they're probably not a legit. tax paying citizen. If you pay taxes and have a social security number, then the feds already know who you are and how many of us there are.
    Sorry for the rant of a dumb rural white boy from IN.:twocents::xmad:

we dont have a national language here... you are free to speak in whatever language you wish, and its not mandated by the gov't. just so happens that MOST choose english

and your comment of not speaking english making one not legit, is full of bigotry, and to a degree racism.

Top Bottom