• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I had an amazing experience at my first annual meeting! I went on Friday all day from 9-5 and enjoyed it so much that I went back today to sit in on Ted's Speech " 2nd amendment now more than ever". As soon as it was over I got in line at the signing (about 40th in line) and got 4 hats (for my dad and brothers) and a picture signed. I had him write "Piers, You're just too damn british." on the picture, which is one of my favorite lines he used during a CNN debate last fall.

I also met R. Lee Ermey on Friday (which was almost unfortunate because I had to stand in the glock booth so long :noway:). I also ran into Hickok45 on Friday. (The dude is HUGE). Last but not least, before I left today, I talked with Will Hayden and Joe from Sons of Guns. Like I said it was a great experience and I cannot wait until Nashville next year and Louisville the year after! I'm hooked! Here are some of my favorite pictures from the weekend. Oh and yes, I too got Jessica Barton's signed calendar on Friday, and must agree that it was the best day to visit the EAA booth.

20140427_143707.jpg

20140427_150021.jpg

20140425_143821.jpg

20140425_155302.jpg

20140427_132536.jpg

20140425_144759.jpg

20140427_131728_000.jpg

20140425_144850.jpg

20140425_144545.jpg

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well I got to hear his speech which I thoroughly enjoyed, Colorful language and all! My my constant companion "Arthur Itis" was telling me It was time to leave, although I did stay and listen to Chris Chengs talk on the fundamentals of Marksmanship and how it helped him win Top Shot and then got his autograph. Would have love to have waited for uncle Ted but I was hurting pretty bad by the time the day was over having gotten there at 8 am!

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    Well I got to hear his speech which I thoroughly enjoyed, Colorful language and all! My my constant companion "Arthur Itis" was telling me It was time to leave, although I did stay and listen to Chris Chengs talk on the fundamentals of Marksmanship and how it helped him win Top Shot and then got his autograph. Would have love to have waited for uncle Ted but I was hurting pretty bad by the time the day was over having gotten there at 8 am!

That would have been a great one to listen to as well. I wasnt aware that it was going on, but there really was just too much to do there, it was like drinking through a fire hose.

I have a couple of videos from my phone during Ted's speech, but i'm hoping it will be posted in full-length eventually. I'm glad someone else got to hear him though, I was surprised how small of a crowd there ended up being. I figured people would've had to be turned away.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Good for you bud! 42769vette and I stood at the A&A Optics booth and watched Uncle Ted's entourage walk by. That was my brush with fame @ the 2014 NRAAM.

pinshooter45

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Chris Cheng has a book coming out on the subject. But to put it in a nutshell basically since he lives in San Francisco and did not have access to a variety of firearms. He approached it this way. With an IT background and troubleshooting experience he broke it down to that all guns basically do the same thing in the same manner. They have a barrel, sights, a bullet exits the Muzzle when you squeeze the trigger. And one needs to have focus on your breathing etc. So since there was no way to predict what types of firearms might be in the competition. He said he focused on those fundamentals and treated his training like a part time job. He said he probably dry fired his pistol over 8000 times to get that muscle memory.

Motorhead302

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Fulton County
    i didn't even know he was there. i was so overwhelmed already just walking around, i didn't even get to any of the speeches or presentations. honestly i think for one person to experience everything, it would have to be spread out over a full week. that place was insane!

Top Bottom