• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    According to this article there weren't many Hoosiers thankfully but each loss still is terrible to the family and friends.
    Our small town gave up a daughter, Stacey Peak. I knew her as children, her oldest sister and one of my older sisters have been good friends since before I was born. We weren't close but I remember her well from campouts and such as children. Very vivacious girl, sky's the limit type of person.
    IndyStar.com: Factfiles

Found a link with a nice pic of Stacey
    http://www.courierpress.com/news/2011/sep/11/victim-of-911-attack-had-local-ties/

Last edited:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Not personally, no.

But I've worked with a guy who lost a brother on one of the airliners.

And sat near a guy at a wedding the other day; he lost 17 friends at the Pentagon.

-J-

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Personally, no.

My uncle works at the Pentagon. He was there that day, and lost several friends and co-workers.

My wife's aunt saw one of the terrorists a week before, at the airport, taking notes. Was spooked enough to call the FBI, but they blew her off. She was picked up and interviewed within hours of the attack, along with a few other folks that saw and reported the same guy that day.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Agreed, we all became victims,
    just 2,977 innocent, American lives with no voice were murdered.

I don't know if I agree that we all became victims...do you see people bending over and happily taking whatever (besides the idiots that keep electing morons that have been stripping rights away the past however many decades)? Also not everyone that died on 9/11/01 was an American. Seems like everyone ignores the 230-ish foreigners that also died.

As far as knowing someone that died, nope. Knowing someone on scene ASAP, yep.

MrsXtremeVel

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    My best friend worked for Morgan Stanley at the time. Ironically, she was suppose to be on a red eye flying out of Logan airport that day. (Flight 11) Her meeting was cancelled earlier and didn't have to go. She lost friends and co-workers at the WTC.

Top Bottom