• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    :D ya, a few noticed...... The growth of this site is amazing and it became very evident this morning that we need to move to a new server that can handle a constantly growing INGO.

Scutter and our server guy Anthony have done a great job tweaking our current dedicated server to keep running but we need something better. I will be investing in an upgrade for INGO that hopefully will eliminate outages / make this site run faster and leave plenty of room for growth.

I'm going to be able to do this because of our Site Supporters and Advertisers. Thank you to those who support the site and thanks to all INGOers who make this place such a great place to hang! :ingo:

I will be providing info on our server move soon. Check out our Facebook Fan Page for updates in case INGO goes down unexpectedly. Again, we hope to eliminate these outages with a new server!

Indiana Gun Owners (INGO) | Facebook

SideArmed

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 22, 2011
    I noticed! My lunch break was ruined, thanks a lot, I had to actually just eat lunch with nothing to surf.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    yeah I definitely noticed. Seemed like the longest its been down yet. I had to get my fix so I resorted to other forums temporarily but that was like using the nicotine patch for a cigarette smoker-it just isn't the same.

Woodsman

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    New albany
    I tried several times and got nowhere with it until later. Then, there was some comment about don't worry it's not the ATF. Hmmmm, sure......:rolleyes::laugh:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I tried several times and got nowhere with it until later. Then, there was some comment about don't worry it's not the ATF. Hmmmm, sure......:rolleyes::laugh:

Way way back, far back in the mists of time, when the INGO world was new and we only had a few hundred members and the staff was still allowed to joke around without half the membership demanding our heads on a platter for it, we moved from our original hosting service to a new one. During the move, we put up a notice that implied that we had been seized by the ATF and that all activity was being logged. The news spread far and wide. Much farther and much wider than our small membership should have allowed. Many people had minor freakouts. In spite of the fact that our planned move was well-publicized, we still reeled in a surprising number of suckers. There may have been alcohol involved in the decision to put up the notice. :):

Now you know the history and now you get why we include the tongue-in-cheek comment on the maintenance page. ;)

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    :oldwise:

Way way back, far back in the mists of time, when the INGO world was new and we only had a few hundred members and the staff was still allowed to joke around without half the membership demanding our heads on a platter for it, we moved from our original hosting service to a new one. During the move, we put up a notice that implied that we had been seized by the ATF and that all activity was being logged. The news spread far and wide. Much farther and much wider than our small membership should have allowed. Many people had minor freakouts. In spite of the fact that our planned move was well-publicized, we still reeled in a surprising number of suckers. There may have been alcohol involved in the decision to put up the notice. :):

Now you know the history and now you get why we include the tongue-in-cheek comment on the maintenance page. ;)

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    Yes, I thought our lovely IT people :rolleyes: had "upgraded our security" again. I was so happy after lunch to realize that they are still just as brilliant as ever!:laugh::laugh:

mcolford

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Yes, I noticed. Got up this am, grabbed my coffee, sat down at the computer, and FAIL! Oh well, thats life. Glad were up and going again.

-MColford

Top Bottom