• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dino Bravo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 20, 2015
    Cumberland
    More of the same today, rain drying out before it gets to our area. I'm not even slightly concerned about 2 inches of rain this weekend. It won't be here!

As Johnny Cash said "How high's the water mama? Five feet high and rising..."

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    Some of the hail was the size of golf balls. Beat the crap out of moms and my cars, busted both windshields and put hundreds of dents all over their little bodies. I was outside in one of those little metal car ports and had to stay for 15 min. was so loud I had to put my fingers in my ears. Forgot to add this was in Napoleon In.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    We ended up with small hail in Charlestown. I had a ton of rain and insane lightning. We got a small bit of water in the basement by the door. The hail knocked enough leaves out of the trees to plug the outside drain.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    We've just got power back from last night. Very thankful we didn't have any damage and had a generator to keep the freezer maintained.

ChristianPatriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 11, 2013
    Clifford, IN
    You mind my asking what storm support is? I was just curious. Thanks

I work for Duke Energy. So when big storms roll through, the linemen crews are out 24/7 till all the power is restored. Rotating shifts. 16 on, 8 off. Part of my job is to help coordinate meals for them. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner till everything is back to normal. Keep all kinds energy snacks available. Granola bars, beef jerky, apples, bananas, oranges. Tons of drinks. Cleanup when they're done with the meal so they can get back out to work. It's pretty busy but it's not bad work. Shoot I had 15 hours of OT Saturday and 10 hours of DT on Sunday.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Update on the totality of damage from my house near Greenwood High School:

One long-dead stick blew out of the silver maple in my front yard.

And that's about the extent of it for my whole 'hood, actually.

Lots of falling water, of course, but I think it was all still in liquid form.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I work for Duke Energy. So when big storms roll through, the linemen crews are out 24/7 till all the power is restored. Rotating shifts. 16 on, 8 off. Part of my job is to help coordinate meals for them. Breakfast, lunch, and dinner till everything is back to normal. Keep all kinds energy snacks available. Granola bars, beef jerky, apples, bananas, oranges. Tons of drinks. Cleanup when they're done with the meal so they can get back out to work. It's pretty busy but it's not bad work. Shoot I had 15 hours of OT Saturday and 10 hours of DT on Sunday.

I see. Sorry I asked a question and didn't respond sooner...I have been very busy myself. Most people never really realize what goes into putting things back together that mother nature can destroy again at any time. Linemen are one of them things we take for granted until we don't have power. Them guys sure have a tough job, as if playing with power isn't dangerous enough, they do it in all kinds of weather and darkness.

On another note....my daughter recently went to work at Duke and she loved the job....but as fate would have it, she ended up in the hospital because of kidney stones which meant she couldn't make it to work 1 day during the probation period. I am sure you know that is not acceptable. They did invite her to come back with the June or July trainees though. I hope she does.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    More rain forecast for tonight!

Glad I got my yard mowed yesterday. My push mower couldn't have handled much more.

I've gotten lucky these past few weeks. The timing of the rain and dry time has let me get my grass cut before it gets out of hand. Seems like I've always gotten it cut just before the rain comes, and just when I think it's really starting to get long, the rain stops for a day or so and I can cut again. My yard drains pretty well except for an area of the front near the road, but even that will dry out given a day and a half or so of dry weather.

Top Bottom