• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    When i was looking for a chopper to take backpacking and to put on my BOB i offed a guy 100 dollars for his hoodlum. He declined so i picked up an ESEE junglas from knife lady. A few days ago he called me and said he was hurting for money and would sell it to me for 100.

I dont really need two choppers and will probably keep this one because its much lighter, but want to know if i got a good deal.

If i did i will probably sell my junglass in zombie green for 145.

0813121203.jpg

0813121203a.jpg

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I'd keep it. I never bought on so I can't comment on price but the blade has a good pedigree. Before he passed I chatted just bit online with the late Ron Hood about this knife when he first designed it. I didn't get it why he made a knife so light and went on about it's chopping efficiency. It didn't make sense to me till I understood was that what he was getting at was this was better at chopping thinner material, the kind of material you would use a knife on. As I understood it, his philosophy was don't use a knife to do an axe's job so he designed this to be the best cutter of limbs up to an inch in diameter. There's something to be said for that. Some time back I mentioned that I never got the whole fixation on how well a knife performs when being batoned. The more of a splitting wedge you make a knife, the less a knife it becomes.

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    I'd keep it. I never bought on so I can't comment on price but the blade has a good pedigree. Before he passed I chatted just bit online with the late Ron Hood about this knife when he first designed it. I didn't get it why he made a knife so light and went on about it's chopping efficiency. It didn't make sense to me till I understood was that what he was getting at was this was better at chopping thinner material, the kind of material you would use a knife on. As I understood it, his philosophy was don't use a knife to do an axe's job so he designed this to be the best cutter of limbs up to an inch in diameter. There's something to be said for that. Some time back I mentioned that I never got the whole fixation on how well a knife performs when being batoned. The more of a splitting wedge you make a knife, the less a knife it becomes.

I think that pretty much sums up why i like this knife over the junglass. I really really like the forward choil, and if the junglass had one it would be a VERY tough decision.

Top Bottom