Did I ever eff up at the range today......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I did similar things and two joined the Army.

You didn't do that right.

PM Sent

Isn't that the proper way lol
    That's so old. The proper way to say it now is. I started a conversation.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Have you ever thought, "It will be fine. Nothing can go wrong. It's just a little, one time thing." Then every voice in your head is screaming DON'T DO IT!!! YOU'LL HATE YOURSELF!

Well that happened today. My 10 year old son and I were at the range doing some "homeschool research" on shotgun patterns. We were almost done and I decided to put a few rounds down range with my AR. You know the kind that had that nifty adjustable stock........that can go short enough that a small 10 year old boy can shoulder it and it feels "really good Dad."

So when the really loud muzzle blast didn't scare him away, I loaded one round in the mag and let him try it.
    The smile was ear to ear. "Oh dad, that's FUN!" So a few more single shot mags and he was loading them and having a blast.

I grabbed a large McDonalds cup I found in the trash, filled it with dirt and put it at the 50 yd backstop. Any guesses what happened? Yeah. First shot exploded it. Second and third shots kept it bouncing. After the 10 rounds were expended, he said "Dad, this is my new favorite gun of all time." Then once he found out I have a stripped lower and you can build em' like Legos, he was even more ecstatic.

So yeah. I see a large departure of funds in the near future for parts and ammo.

So I effed up and got my boy hooked on AR's. Well I guess it's not all bad........ and it's only money.

View attachment 141761

Good stuff right there.

Keep up the good work, Dad!

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    The young fella handled it like a natural. Looks like he's off to a good start. Well done. You should be very proud.
    He's 10 and has been shooting half of his life already. He started on a small bolt 22lr. Here is his first day shooting.

Screenshot_20210301-015504.png

Two years ago, I picked up a M&P 22 full size and that was his "favorite gun ever".

Then last year, he tried some 9mm pistols. He likes my XDs and shoots it pretty dang good.

There is a 12 gauge in his very near future, according to him too.

I couldn't be more proud of him and my daughter. She wanted to start hunting squirrels last year so we made that happen too.

Screenshot_20210529-104112.png

Yeah. I'm a real happy dad.

krvincen

Plinker
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    May 20, 2011
    Osceola
    Have you ever thought, "It will be fine. Nothing can go wrong. It's just a little, one time thing." Then every voice in your head is screaming DON'T DO IT!!! YOU'LL HATE YOURSELF!

Well that happened today. My 10 year old son and I were at the range doing some "homeschool research" on shotgun patterns. We were almost done and I decided to put a few rounds down range with my AR. You know the kind that had that nifty adjustable stock........that can go short enough that a small 10 year old boy can shoulder it and it feels "really good Dad."

So when the really loud muzzle blast didn't scare him away, I loaded one round in the mag and let him try it.
    The smile was ear to ear. "Oh dad, that's FUN!" So a few more single shot mags and he was loading them and having a blast.

I grabbed a large McDonalds cup I found in the trash, filled it with dirt and put it at the 50 yd backstop. Any guesses what happened? Yeah. First shot exploded it. Second and third shots kept it bouncing. After the 10 rounds were expended, he said "Dad, this is my new favorite gun of all time." Then once he found out I have a stripped lower and you can build em' like Legos, he was even more ecstatic.

So yeah. I see a large departure of funds in the near future for parts and ammo.

So I effed up and got my boy hooked on AR's. Well I guess it's not all bad........ and it's only money.

View attachment 141761
    I see your also a member is SJRC as well. I was there yesterday also. Great club.

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Top Bottom