• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Morgan88

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2013
    Jasper
    harleymac1 I thought the same thing listening to the young lady. Was that right before or right after they showed the lady turning pages totally tuned out to what the you lady was saying? I am concerned that the sides are so locked into their positions there is no chance for agreement on anything except where to go for lunch.

Morgan88

harleymac1

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2013
    Morgan County
    Seems to be stalemate. Politicians did not seem to listen to any of the speech. I would like to see if the paper the lady was flipping was even relevant to the discussion at hand or if it was for an upcoming session on something totally unrelated.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Whenever I see a link to something like:

"Sick Burn"
    "Schooled"

most especially:

"Destroyed"

I scroll right past because whoever used these terms just want the already converted to raise their hands in praise again.

No decision maker is changing his or her mind over some great argument...usually not as great as advertised. It's just cheerleading for the home team. A circle.....y'know.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Burn, schooled, destroyed, etc... all pretty much mean - someone said something kinda mean. Yawn.

You Fat!

Buuurrrrrnnnn.....

I have yet to see someone ACTUALLY destroyed by words. Heck, most of the time, the "destroyed" person has no negative side effects at all.

In the posted video, no one learned anything new. Supporters already knew, and detractors don't care.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yep, they are gonna do what they want, regardless of facts.

Just look at Marijuana. Its misclassified as a schedule 1 drug. Meaning it is deadly and there are absolutely zero redeeming qualities to it. Stuff like Meth that gets you addicted on the first hit, or Coke that you can OD on easily. MJ is none of those things, and is easy to argue against the (mis)classification. Yet nobody on capitol hill is even interested in categorizing it properly, let alone decriminalizing.

You would think that they would at least be honest enough to say "OK, its not overly addictive, its not possible to OD on accidentally (if at all?) and it has documented medicinal uses. Lets classify it properly and leave it illegal." But they wont even do that. What makes anyone think they would be intellectually honest with facts and move on past things like AWBs?

/rant

Last edited:

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Short answer, yes. I support an organization with substantial investments of finances, time, and sweat. That organization has built ties with the NWTF, the Jakes, and is trying to reach out into the community for shooter education and summer youth camps. I have also been involved with Girls and Guns, an introduction for women into shooting sports.

Our organization is having a difficult time getting anybody to volunteer for anything. This seems to be the case for a lot of volunteer organization these days. Am I the captain of the boat with my foot on the bow? No, I am not that guy. Not everybody gets to be the leader. I am a guy that helps to row the boat.

My level of participation? I am certain you do not mean to question it in a negative way, here is my resume:

I serve as an RSO the first Saturday of every month. I am a landscaper, a groundskeeper, I have sat my rear in a tractor seat for hours upon hours in the summer heat. I dig, rake and swing a pickaxe. I have hired back-hoes and purchased materials for improvements and I have installed those improvements (82 tons of pea-gravel last summer). I have back-filled and rebuilt the berms on our ranges. I have arranged for donations by several businesses in the community of materials and firearms. I attend board meetings and I am willing to volunteer when asked. I have also attempted to arrange a few volunteer workdays, only to result in utter failure.

I work damnably hard to provide a facility that is a legacy to our club as well as an enticement to build membership. Our club is currently struggling and is burdened with many issues within and without. It is languishing due to lack of member involvement. It is on the brink of financial collapse and I am doing my part (and then some) to keep it alive even though I question the direction of the organization, its membership and its leadership.

My current extra-extracurricular project is to start mining our berms, by hand. Our quantities are too small to interest the large companies. I am willing to build a homemade sifter myself. I am currently seeking three or four volunteers to help. I believe that a couple of hard days labor might yield a couple hundred dollars worth of lead do donate back to the club as well as make headway into putting the dirt back where it should be on our pistol berms.

Would you like to come help me?

Then you are doing all that you can do and sounds like you are doing an awesome job. :yesway:
    I am not going to come help you since I too am involved in several youth clubs with my sons in SE Indiana and I see you are in NE Indiana. But I wish you the best of luck in your worthy endeavors.

Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    My only concern with the stance that some take, and the speaker referred to it in video, is that the more we point out that more people are killed by handguns than rifles, the more we are stepping on our own toes. Not that I don't think their perfect world scenario already would be total disarmament of any type of gun.

My thoughts exactly. She’s definitely not the only one doing it, either. Nearly every major gun YouTuber does it. I get it; the leftist media and the politicians incessantly talk about “assault rifles,” when they are used in a very small percentage of crimes. It still makes me want to shake them: it isn’t the guns at all, it’s the people using them!

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    My only concern with the stance that some take, and the speaker referred to it in video, is that the more we point out that more people are killed by handguns than rifles, the more we are stepping on our own toes. Not that I don't think their perfect world scenario already would be total disarmament of any type of gun.

Sometimes I wonder.
    But..
    Earlier forms of gun control focused on hand guns.
    They didn't go far.
    A lot of people were using hand guns. People tend to be okay limiting OTHER people. Not so much themselves.
    I know several people against "assault weapons", but own pistols.
    They get confused when I point out their gun shoots as many bullets, just as fast.

Top Bottom